Review of Claiming Haley

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Review of Claiming Haley

Post by Mtibza eM »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Claiming Haley" by Sophia Sinclair.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Claiming Haley is a steamy, beautiful romance that is written by Sophia Sinclair. Sophia wrote a book that I am sure will leave you drooling and begging for more. It is about two people who, after making one mistake, they saw it better to enter a marriage of convenience to avoid gossip and shame in their town. This book is short and good. It will get you hooked until you finish it.

Haley is a small-time wedding planner in the town of Fairview. She has a complicated relationship with her mother because she always expects her to be something she is not. Being a wedding planner is something that she loves for herself. Haley has been organising most weddings in town, and she enjoys this, although her mother undermines her work.

Jack currently works as a landscaper in Fairview. He has plans that will make sure that he does not do this kind of job for the rest of his life. While working at this house, he gets attracted to this lady, whom he later learns her name is Haley. They are both sending signs of sexual attraction to each other.

They happen to let this chemistry between them take over. But, in the process, something small yet big happens, which promises to change both of their lives forever. Should Haley tell Jack this, or should she keep it from him? If they happen to get married, will Haley’s somewhat elitist mother welcome Jack as her son-in-law? What about the relationship between Jack and Haley? Do they really love each other that they are willing to spend the rest of their lives committed to each other, or their relationship is just not that deep? Answers to these lie in between the covers of this awesome book.

Before I can say anything else, let me start by saying that Sophia is a good storyteller. She managed to write a beautiful love tale with very much lovable and relatable characters.

Through this book, you will learn how miscommunication can manage to ruin things for everyone. Had Jack and Haley been honest with each other from the start, what they went through would have been avoided. Adding the assumptions on top of that, things got worse between them.

The book had fewer characters. It was just Haley, her mother, and her co-workers; Jack and two of his friends, that’s all. So the potential reader should rest assured that they won’t be confused by any character. Each of them was vibrant. They had their own flavour that they brought to the story. Besides Jack and Haley, I found myself loving Candace. I don’t have a specific reason, but she was the one person who got stuck with me. And although Haley’s mother was a villain, she amused me sometimes with her blunt questions. She held back no punches.

There were no plot holes. The pace of the story was flowing at a steady and consistent pace. I love that the narration and dialogue were well balanced. The story didn't feel like it was told to me. It was like it was shown to me. Through the dialogue that was realistic and had no glitches, I was flowing from one line to another seamlessly. I loved that because each character had their own unique dialect, I could tell who was speaking before I could be told. This made the book more enjoyable because I felt included.

I managed to read this 200-paged book in just two sittings. I knew I could have finished it way faster than that, but I was savouring every page of it. I wasn’t in a rush to finish. That’s how enjoyable it was.

It was written in the first-person point of view, and it constantly switched from Haley to Jack. This worked as a window to see how each one felt about what had happened between them.

There was nothing that great that I could say I disliked about this book.

I came across minor errors that weren’t able to dilute the quality of the book. The book contains profane words and explicit sex scenes that wouldn’t be fitting to be consumed by young and immature readers. Taking everything into consideration, I am glad to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It exceeded my expectations. So I would strongly recommend it to everyone who loves steamy romance. Haley and Jack are the characters you want to meet and know. The book doesn’t discriminate against anyone whatsoever.

Claiming Haley
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

This sounds like a page-turner, with well-developed characters and an intriguing plotline. Thanks for the lovely review.
kittykat6132
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kittykat6132.html
Latest Review: The Senator's Suitcase by Mitch Engel

Post by kittykat6132 »

I love romance novels and can we all agree that the cover is amazing.
Brett Linette
Favorite Author: Edgar Allan Poe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brett-linette.html
Latest Review: ACED. by Shea Rose
fav_author_id: 4642

Post by Brett Linette »

Haley's mother sounds like a hoot! I might read this book just to see her in action.
Latest Review: ACED. by Shea Rose
Purplesturv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplesturv.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Purplesturv »

The book cover is bright and enticing. I'm a huge fan of romance, and thanks to your intriguing review, I'd like to read this page turner.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

Romance fiction is my favorite genre. I'm sure I'll enjoy this one. Great review.
Meave May
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meave-may.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Meave May »

This is a great in-depth review. You elude to a great story line, which is sometimes lost in shorter romance novels. Adding this to my must read list.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Seems like Haley and Jack are relatable characters who, like most humans err. I hope the couple managed to sort their issues and adopted better communication habits. Awesome review Mtibza!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Nqobile771 wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 05:48 Seems like Haley and Jack are relatable characters who, like most humans err. I hope the couple managed to sort their issues and adopted better communication habits. Awesome review Mtibza!
They are, hey. Eish, these two, you will have to read to find out more. Thank you for reading and leaving your thoughts. Appreciate it.
Meave May wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 00:01 This is a great in-depth review. You elude to a great story line, which is sometimes lost in shorter romance novels. Adding this to my must read list.
Wow! Thank you so much, May. May you enjoy it (see what I did there? Lol)
JamesJaphet wrote: 06 Dec 2021, 23:22 Romance fiction is my favorite genre. I'm sure I'll enjoy this one. Great review.
You definitely will. Can't waitt to hear your thoughts after reading it.
Purplesturv wrote: 06 Dec 2021, 18:51 The book cover is bright and enticing. I'm a huge fan of romance, and thanks to your intriguing review, I'd like to read this page turner.
It is, hey. One of the reasons why I picked it. Thank you for stopping by.
Brett Linette wrote: 06 Dec 2021, 10:11 Haley's mother sounds like a hoot! I might read this book just to see her in action.
That one, I don't even want to talk about her. Please do, you won't regret it.
kittykat6132 wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 01:08 I love romance novels and can we all agree that the cover is amazing.
Yes, hey.
Stephanie Elizabeth wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 15:33 This sounds like a page-turner, with well-developed characters and an intriguing plotline. Thanks for the lovely review.
I appreciate your kind words, Steph.
Whitney 1593
Currently Reading: Bar Maid
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Whitney 1593 »

This review was extremely amazing
Haley and Jack really had their issues this is a book I would love to read

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”