Review of Limitations

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Review of Limitations

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Limitations" by Aimee J Edwards.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you witnessed or faced a traumatic event that has left you devastated and broken, hindering you from moving forward? Trauma can affect people's mental health and psyche. I believe Limitations by Aimee J. Edwards would resonate with you if your answer to the question above is yes and help you lead a healthy life and strive to gain your footing again.

This book shares the story of a twenty-five-year-old lady, Lily, who moved from Australia to New York with her mum when she was six. Lily worked in a convenience store and was satisfied with it, but her mum wasn't. Lily was unable to get a degree because she lacked confidence in herself to achieve her dreams. And this is due to the devastating event of 9/11 when she was five years old. The event knocked her into trauma and changed her perception of life. Eventually, she reluctantly agrees to join a support group, Forgotten Survivors, due to her mum's persuasion. She connected with people who had similar or worse cases than hers. Harry is a young man who also had the shock of losing his dad in that ugly incident on 9/11 when he was six years old. They became best friends and connected deeply, but Lily had a lot of reservations due to past experiences. What is the destination of this love boat they are rocking? Will it be a smooth or turbulent sail? You will need to read this novel to find out.

Self-discovery, adventures, love, true friendship, and betrayal saturate this exciting story that got me captivated and glued to the book. The character development was impeccable and relatable. I like how the author made it easy for me to connect with these unique characters by giving enough background information on them. They possess lifelike and distinct personalities. I admired Harry's personality a lot. He's an intelligent young man studying medicine and also very optimistic. I like how he constantly helped Lily on her journey to well-being regardless of how hard she tried to shut him out of her life. Lily is another character with a good heart who is battling fear, loneliness, and darkness. What I like most in this book is its characterization, no doubt. I empathized with the characters and feared for their safety, and one such case was when Harry and Lily embarked on an adventure to the museum at odd hours.

Furthermore, this book is engaging, and there are lessons to learn from the story. Readers would also benefit from some methods and concepts Lily adopted from her psychotherapy sessions. One such therapy technique is writing a letter to herself, which helps her ease off some heaviness from her chest. Readers would also enjoy the aura of suspense that is evident throughout the book. I could feel my heartbeat racing at some points and felt tense too. Prospective readers should know that the story is very intriguing because I couldn't stop enjoying it after I picked it up. I also enjoyed the twists in this volume.

This book is a masterpiece, and I'd love to read more from this young author. The author is very creative in her writing, and I enjoyed her narrative skills and description of events, as they helped create vivid pictures in my mind.

In conclusion, I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of this book. It is also educational, and from it, I learned about the Josephine Shaw Lowell Fountain and how the name came about. Therefore, I gladly rate this book four out of four stars since I dislike nothing about it. The book is professionally edited but contains a minor error. I highly recommend it to adults who have dared to dream, especially lovers of romantic and fictional novels.

Limitations
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

This book seems to bring out hope for those who are broken and are continuing to heal. Thanks for the great review!
Ivvie Ivanova
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading: Beyond Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivvie-ivanova.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Spanish Edition) by Peter Liptak
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ivvie Ivanova »

Seems like a book full of well-developed characters and food for thought. I can relate to Lilly, I didn't finish my degree either for the same reason. Maybe I should read this one. Thank you for your review!
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Your wonderful review has piqued my interest. I would love to find out what happened to Lilly. Thank you for your recommendation!
Nomcebo_0619
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nomcebo-0619.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nomcebo_0619 »

In times like these we need more books that speaks about healing and finding your footing despite everything. What a better way to keep people engaged than using a romance book?
Thanks for a wonderful review.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Oh, what an interesting book. Loved the way you portrayed it in your summary. I also like romance and fiction, so maybe this would be right for me.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Tarcia Baloyi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tarcia Baloyi »

The book helps those who lost their hope and prevent them to find themselves. I like the character of Lily because it helps make people to look at their situation and reflect on what is good at the end.
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

A book that helps us move on from trauma is quite valuable. Great review here.
Prince hilston
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Prince hilston »

When one is devastated with past event that causes inferiority complex that makes you not want to take a step to better your life. Great book you can learn how to overcome you devastation
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

The one super power I'd like is to be able to wipe off traumatic memories from people's minds and replace them with happy childhood memories. Trauma leaves people with life long scars that negatively affect them in their day to day lives.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Stephen Ikimi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-ikimi.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by Stephen Ikimi »

It's in the darkest moments that we realize our strengths. This book can be a good read for someone seeking to recover from a traumatic event in their life. It's will be a good remedy for them. Congratulations for a detailed review
Shilisia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilisia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shilisia »

Lily is such a beautiful name and fits the character perfectly. I'm really interested in the journey of self-discovery and true friendship, we all need to learn and experience this. Thank you for a great review.
Immaculate06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculate06.html
Latest Review: ByTheWay by Dennis Santos

Post by Immaculate06 »

Lily is a beautiful character and I hope she was able to overcome her lack of confidence. The book would definitely be a good read. Good review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”