Review of Accidents Happen

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 446
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review of Accidents Happen

Post by Sanju Lali »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Accidents Happen" by Milton Cust.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How about a time when an accident actually glued two already broken things together for a while? Yes, you read it right, but we are not talking about joining any materials, even though the word accident at first suggests that something has broken. What I am talking about is that the lives of two young adults were already broken by their previous accidents, and now, by this so-called third accident, a mutually supportive bond was formed between them. The accident involved was nothing more than their wheelchairs crashing into one another. I feel privileged to introduce to you Amy and Billy, whose wheelchairs collided and subsequently led to an episode of romance between them. You may be interested in knowing more about Amy and Billy by reading the book Accidents Happen by Milton Cust.

This medium-sized romantic book has about 133 pages as read on my Microsoft Word copy. The book is divided into 28 chapters. A third-person perspective is used in narrating the story. Amy was brought up in well to do decent family, and she was the youngest child. Unfortunately, Amy met with an accident while aerial skiing, making her unable to stand and walk. In a similar manner, Billy, a cowboy who had earned his name as a famous bull rider, met with an accident during his last bull riding event. The accident broke his spine, requiring him to use a wheelchair for the rest of his life. After a brief period of agony following the accident, they developed a romantic bond. The family drama in this book clearly portrays the expression of our emotions like attraction, jealousy, heartbreak, inspiration, and much more. Were these two physically-disabled lovers could complement each other? Did they lead an independent family life together?

In addition to the romantic scenes, one of the things that I liked most about this book is the fact that it provides many ideas for inspiring physically-disabled people to live independently. The author has thoughtfully crafted the characters with good precision, which makes them appear like real-life ones. The book explores various facilities available in the developed world today for a physically-disabled person to lead a fulfilling life. The only thing that I disliked the most about this book was its abrupt ending because I was expecting a smooth climax. I feel the author has plans to continue this story in the next sequel.

I recommend this book to teenagers and young adults who like romantic stories with a touch of family drama woven into them. People with physical disabilities who are having difficulty fulfilling their passions will find this book inspirational. Because most of the book's content consists of romance and family drama, I do not recommend it to people who dislike these subjects.

I took this book for reading because I was intrigued to know what this book has to say about accidents. When I completed reading this book from cover to cover, I realized there could be, sometimes, good outcomes from accidents, even if they hurt us immediately in a few ways. During the course of reading the book, I felt I might give it all four stars at the end. Fortunately, what I felt was right because I found the plot was perfectly crafted in a way that pleases me. In terms of presentation, more than ten grammatical errors were found in this book, which I think might need one more round of professional editing. I had to hold back one star even though those errors had not affected my reading experience. Considering the overall quality of this book, I finally decided to rate this book with 3 out of 4 stars.

Accidents Happen
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Collided wheel-chairs! What a twist :) Sounds like a very inspirational romance story, really worth reading. Thanks for a great review!
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unosthetic.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Unosthetic »

I'm planning to read this book and your review made me do so. Thanks for your insightful review.
Asfiya Z
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asfiya-z.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Asfiya Z »

Because most of the book's content consists of romance and family drama, it has caught my attention. I'm so excited to read this book :)
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

Wow… how does an accident bring two broken things or people together? Would definitely love to have this book on my shelf.
Jklef
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jklef »

Splendid idea from the author 👌,I think this book inspires the 👉(differently able)👈people, I used differently able people because I think using the word DISABLED doesn't sound pleasant to me,we that have the grace to be complete and we should be able to know it's our responsibility to always motivate the less able people,we are giving the grace by GOD almighty to be there for them always............so back to this beautiful motivational book I think it's something every disabled people and also complete people should have in our shelves because it teaches "Every human being is meant to fall but that doesn't mean the end of our life but we could rise again"so the book is splendid 💯
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that the author used a third-person perspective in the narrative. I believe that this achieves a sense of objectivity.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

This book seems inspiring for physically disabled people. I want to know more about their story. Thanks for your wonderful review!
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

This romance novel sounds heartwarming. Billy and Amy have been through a tough time regarding their accidents and I hope they can find solace in one another. Nicely done review!
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

It seems that accidents can lead to happy events, after all. Thank you for this entertaining review!
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Sounds like an interesting story. Thank you for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

It is great that the author in the book provides physically-disabled people with the motivation to be independent regardless of their condition. Thanks for the comprehensive review.
Prarthna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prarthna.html
Latest Review: The Farmer by Sam Braidwood

Post by Prarthna »

The plot of this book is unique and intriguing. This book will be inspiring to those with physical disabilities who struggle to pursue their passions. Thanks for the wonderful review!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”