Review of Sarah's Way

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Review of Sarah's Way

Post by NancyDrew12 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sarah's Way" by Amber N Paul.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sarah Jackson is a young college student working at her local coffee shop. When she isn't juggling her schoolwork, she likes to spend her time exercising. Scarred from situations in her past, Sarah was apprehensive about joining the dating scene. One day, an arrogant man comes into the coffee shop and demands a date with Sarah. Sarah soon finds out that this man is Alex Clark. Still wary of letting anyone in, she hesitantly agrees to a date. Not too long after this date, Sarah thinks Alex could be the one for her.

Now married to Alex, Sarah is ready to begin their new life together. But Sarah quickly realizes Alex wasn't as perfect as she thought. To her surprise, Alex has been unfaithful to her long before their wedding day. Determined to honor her vows, Sarah attempts to salvage her marriage. But can Alex change his ways? Can Sarah continue to carry their marriage? And who is Ethan? And can he show her genuine love?

Sarah's Way by Amber N Paul is a slow-paced romance novel. Throughout the story, Sarah navigates her fickle marriage while facing struggles within herself.

I can't say that I enjoyed this novel. The PDF version of this novel is an edited manuscript with many corrections. Because of this, I struggled to focus and feel engaged in the story. I also found several inconsistencies in the story. One example would be the changing of the name of one of the three cats Sarah owned. The name of the cat switched from Artemis to Crackers midway through the book. Inconsistencies like these contributed to my lack of engagement and overall dislike of the novel.

I wouldn't recommend this novel to any reader. I say this because, along with the inconsistencies, most of the novel felt rushed. Time jumps happened frequently without meticulously detailing the events before. I constantly felt like I had missed vital information because of this.

One negative aspect for me about this novel was the characters. Even though Sarah was the victim in this story, I found it impossible to sympathize with her. Sarah would repeat the same poor choices and then wonder why nothing has changed. Every character felt more like shells of people instead of actual people. I can't say that any of them were realistic or distinguishable. Fitness was all Sarah had for a personality, and for Alex, it was sex. I have no positive viewpoints on this novel.

I give Sarah's Way 1 out of 4 stars. I give this rating because of the inconsistencies and lack of information. Sarah would mention events that never occurred in the story, leaving me confused and a tad irritated. I felt like I was watching an awful movie instead of reading a book. I found no errors other than the ones that were already marked and corrected.

Sarah's Way
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Julius J James
Currently Reading: Herculubus or Red Planet
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-james-1.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Julius J James »

Nice review! I think lovers or couples should read this book to understand the feelings of each other.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Well, I'll pass on this one, I guess. Inconsistent story and unreliable characters sound quite discouraging, but I enjoyed your honest and insightful review!
Shivali Y
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivali-y.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Shivali Y »

Feels like this was a concept that could have been done nicely, but oh well. I'll pass on this - doesn't sound like my cup of tea, especially with the inconsistencies and weak characters. Thanks for a great review!
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:

Post by NancyDrew12 »

Julius James 1 wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 05:08 Nice review! I think lovers or couples should read this book to understand the feelings of each other.
Thank you! I appreciate you coming by! :D
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:

Post by NancyDrew12 »

Ellylion wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 06:00 Well, I'll pass on this one, I guess. Inconsistent story and unreliable characters sound quite discouraging, but I enjoyed your honest and insightful review!
Thank you so much! :D Inconsistencies can ruin an entire story for sure!
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:

Post by NancyDrew12 »

Shivali Y wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 06:55 Feels like this was a concept that could have been done nicely, but oh well. I'll pass on this - doesn't sound like my cup of tea, especially with the inconsistencies and weak characters. Thanks for a great review!
Thank you so much! :D I agree that the concept of the story was intriguing. But sadly the execution left much to be desired.
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

Staying with an unfaithful partner is always a very difficult decision to make. Great review though.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

It's too bad that Sarah didn't learn from her mistakes. It's hard to enjoy a book when you don't care much for the characters, especially when vital pieces of information are left out of the story. Thanks for your honest review!
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:

Post by NancyDrew12 »

Prisallen wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 08:08 It's too bad that Sarah didn't learn from her mistakes. It's hard to enjoy a book when you don't care much for the characters, especially when vital pieces of information are left out of the story. Thanks for your honest review!
Thank you for stopping by! :D And exactly! The characters and the broken story was a tie breaker for me.
Nonso Ok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-ok.html
Latest Review: A Murder in Brownsville by Donald Steven Collins

Post by Nonso Ok »

We all know a Sarah in our lives. Always making the wrong choices. Maybe I would have an awesome time reading this.
Michelle signeur
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Michelle signeur »

Great review, but I will skip this book. I hate inconsistencies. Thanks for ur review
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:

Post by NancyDrew12 »

Ekezie1998 wrote: 03 Nov 2021, 21:57 Staying with an unfaithful partner is always a very difficult decision to make. Great review though.
Thank you! And thank you for coming by! :D
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:

Post by NancyDrew12 »

Nonso Ok wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 20:15 We all know a Sarah in our lives. Always making the wrong choices. Maybe I would have an awesome time reading this.
:lol: :lol: Yes we all do know a Sarah. Their actions are very frustrating and annoying to deal with. If you do give the book a go let me know how you feel about it! :D
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

A detailed and honest review: thank you! :D
I am not into romance novels, and the flaws you highlighted did not change my mind: I'll take a pass on this one.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”