Review of Say You Love Me !

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Review of Say You Love Me !

Post by Ruchi Raina »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Say You Love Me !" by D.M.Mannix..]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Say You Love Me ! by D. M. Mannix is the story of a woman named Anna. After losing her husband, she decides to become a diving doctor on board a ship, as she has already gotten accredited in the specialty of diving medicine. What adventures and dangers could Anna face on this regular diving ship?

Anna has lost her husband of five years in a diving accident. Now, to overcome her grief and wanting a change of surroundings, she becomes the doctor onboard the Mary-Clare, a ship sent along with divers to retrieve the sixty or so oil drums that sank with a tanker. On her first day there, she meets a handsome guy named Liam O’Sullivan, a guy who makes her heart race inside her chest. They bond instantly, but there is something they don’t know about each other. Would this truth destroy their budding chemistry? What is the truth that has the potential to destroy their budding relationship? Would they be able to move on from it? Or is their relationship doomed to fail?

The storyline was amazing, which made me excited to know how the story will progress. The characters seemed instantly taken by each other and their attraction could be deciphered easily in the way the author describes their interactions.

There were a few things that hindered my enjoyment of the book, one of them being the repetition of dialogue. Several paragraphs, as well as words, were repeated unnecessarily. I counted them as errors, as they were repeated irrelevantly after brief gaps. Also, there’s a plot hole in this novel. Anna first mentions that her husband died of pancreatic cancer, but a few pages later, she says he died in a diving accident. There were many instances where the character names were also messed up. The author has tried to explain a few instances in detail, but the incidents which should have had an emotional impact sounded detached and unemotional, like the diving accidents, the characters' feelings after the accidents, the final shocking truth, etcetera. The truth reveal part should have been sensitive and detailed, but it was so vague that it got finished as soon as it started. Also, as there was no character development, their actions and thoughts seemed abrupt. So, I think this novel can do with a round or two of editing.

I am rating this book 2 out of 4 stars, as it had several errors and a plot hole. There were so many apostrophe errors constantly popping up that they hindered my enjoyment of the novel. I would recommend this book to those who enjoy romance with a bit of suspense. 

Say You Love Me !
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that the storyline is great and that the characters connect well and fit into the plot.
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

I'm hoping they're not siblings with the new guy, since I'm rooting for Anna to reclaim her peace and happiness. It's a fascinating story, and it's precisely what I'm looking for to decompress. Great review
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

Sometimes we decide to become things because we have lost people dear to us to tragedies. Great review here.
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

It's a pity that the book has a plot hole despite its great storyline and characters. Great review!
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

This looks very interesting. It's also one of my favourite genres so I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for the review!
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

It's beautiful when someone finds love after losing their spouse. It's unfortunate Anna's new relationship may be doomed. I would love to see how their story ends. Thanks for the great review.
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

Well, I like the storyline and would also like to know how the story progresses. However, poor editing completely spoils my enjoyment of a book so I’d probably pass on this one. Thanks for the insight!
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unosthetic.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Unosthetic »

The storyline seems great but the way it was edited is not. I hope the author put this in another round of editing. Thanks for sharing this honest review.
Clare Jose
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clare-jose.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Clare Jose »

Despite my interest in the story, the plot hole, inconsistencies and errors within the book make this a difficult read for me. I'll give it a go once the book gets another round of editing.
Thank you for your honest review.
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."
addicted reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-addicted-reader.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by addicted reader »

I would also like to know the truth that could shake the bond between Anna and Liam O’Sullivan. Having read the review, I'm ascertained that this is action-packed novl. Hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for the insightful review.
Ethan Howe
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ethan-howe.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ethan Howe »

Errors really distract my reading but I would like to truth in this actions packed novel. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”