Review of The Book

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Iva Stoyanova
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iva-stoyanova.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review of The Book

Post by Iva Stoyanova »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Book" by Susan Anne Phillips.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We have all heard the term unconditional love, but how many of us have experienced it? The Book by the author Susan Anne Phillips is about true, unconditional love that never died. It tells a delightful love story about two people and their choices. We become witnesses of how our choices as people powerfully affect our lives forever. In addition, the story offers us two distinct points of view between the soul and the ego.

The story spans over forty years. We witness how Susan and Tracy first meet each other, and they fall in love instantly. They are both inexperienced, young, and hesitant, but the love for one another is genuine. Their relationship could be described as uncommon due to feelings of fear and uncertainty. However, between the two, the feelings are so strong nothing else matters. The book is written in a first-person perspective alternating between Susan and Tracy in the separate chapters. It consists of 22 chapters and an epilogue.

What I liked most was the deep connection Susan and Tracy shared. They experienced unexplainable things happening between them, but the sole thing that mattered was their love. What’s more, I was able to thoroughly enjoy their fierce love and connection as a result of the exceptional way of writing. Susan Anne Phillips has dedicated over twenty years to putting together this book the way it should be written. Undoubtedly, her dedication is noticeable in the thorough and remarkable way she narrated the story. I felt like I was inside Susan’s and Tracy’s minds, and I was able to observe and feel their emotions and feelings. Without a doubt, the story is sentimental and heartwarming. What’s more, the book is thought-provoking and influential. It made me think about my relationship and the importance of finding my soul and true, unconditional love.

There was a slight feature I didn’t absolutely enjoy. Alternating between the chapters remains a tremendous feature of this book. However, I could sense some repetition when reading about a particular story being told by two different people. Thankfully, it didn’t affect my enjoyment of reading the book, and I noted it only at the beginning of the story.

I rate The Book by Susan Anne Phillips 3 out of 4 stars. Unfortunately, I detected a considerable number of errors throughout the book. There were some typographical errors, a missing quotation, and one sentence ending strangely. The mistakes didn’t deter my reading, but their considerable amount didn’t allow me to give a full rating. There was a slight mention of profanity in one instance, and the word sex was used once. Apart from that, the book is free of vulgar language and erotic scenes. There are some mentions of faith and God towards the ending of the book. The author clearly demonstrates her spiritual and believing nature to the reader. That being said, the book could be inappropriate for readers of other religions or atheists. I would recommend this book to fans of romance, and to anyone who would enjoy a heartwarming and thought-provoking story.

The Book
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"You can be more aware and more present simply by resting in the present moment, open to all that is, without trying to control it or grasp it with the mind. Truly, a marvelous way of being!"

Richard L. Haight
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

Quite an intriguing storyline here. Would definitely love to have this book on my shelf. Great review.
Iva Stoyanova

Post by Iva Stoyanova »

Ekezie1998 wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 17:04 Quite an intriguing storyline here. Would definitely love to have this book on my shelf. Great review.
It is an intriguing story indeed. Thank you for stopping by! :tiphat:
"You can be more aware and more present simply by resting in the present moment, open to all that is, without trying to control it or grasp it with the mind. Truly, a marvelous way of being!"

Richard L. Haight
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

This looks very interesting. It's also one of my favourite genres so I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for the review!
Iva Stoyanova

Post by Iva Stoyanova »

kirthana_shivakumar wrote: 06 Nov 2021, 02:13 This looks very interesting. It's also one of my favourite genres so I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for the review!
You won't be disappointed. Thank you!

Richard L. Haight
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that the book has true, unconditional love as the central motif.
Iva Stoyanova

Post by Iva Stoyanova »

markodim721 wrote: 10 Nov 2021, 03:38 I like that the book has true, unconditional love as the central motif.
This makes it a wonderful romance story!

Richard L. Haight
Adelle v
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adelle-v.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Adelle v »

Finding unconditional love is truly a rare thing. To be able to read a story based on that is uplifting. Thanks for a great review.
Iva Stoyanova

Post by Iva Stoyanova »

Adelle v wrote: 08 Feb 2022, 05:52 Finding unconditional love is truly a rare thing. To be able to read a story based on that is uplifting. Thanks for a great review.
Yes, it's very rare and probably hard, especially in today's world. Thanks for stopping by!

Richard L. Haight

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”