Review of Midway of Light

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiwelite O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-o.html
Latest Review: The Water Bear by Groucho Jones

Review of Midway of Light

Post by Chiwelite O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Midway of Light" by Deserie LaCrosse.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In my many years of reading romance novels, I have never come across any story of two people who are advanced in age until I came across the book Midway of Light by Deserie LaCrosse. This book caught my attention because most romance writers concentrate on the younger generation.

The book Midway of Light by Deserie LaCrosse talks about Jennifer, a lonely but successful and wealthy woman who had lost her husband Robert two years ago. In her bid to find a lover and companion, she signs up for an online dating site. Edward is a man who scams lonely women on dating sites and makes away with their money, although he has a good job, and he is very successful. Soon, Jennifer becomes his prey. He is intrigued by her because she is intelligent and a good conversationalist. He soon discovers that she is not the usual scam material. He knows that he should stop conversing with her, but he can't help himself. Even after she finds out that he is a scammer, they still meet and learn more about each other. Read the book to know how the characters progressed in their relationship.

This book has some positive aspects, which were quite lovely and endearing. I liked this book because it was not cliché. It broke free from the old writing rule that all romance novels must be about young people. Older people can find love and be happy in new relationships. I loved the fact that it concentrated on Edward and Jennifer. The author did a fantastic job by shedding light on how they progressed. Also, I enjoyed the emphasis that true love is indeed the most powerful emotion. The author depicted a man who has never loved a woman fall in love and change for the better, and the usual things he does become repulsive to him. At the beginning of the book, he was not likable, but by the end, he became my favorite. It shows that people can change. I could not find any error in this book; it was exceptionally well edited.

The book has some negative aspects. The first was the monotonous nature of the book. The bulk of the book was spent on trivial matters like waking up and what the morning routine every day is. I found this annoying and made the book seem dull. The book has a fantastic storyline, but the way it was delivered was below my expectations. Also, the conversations written in passive voice surpassed those written in the active voice; it made it a bit difficult to follow sometimes.

My rating for this book is 3 out of 4 stars because I enjoyed the storyline. It is a new and refreshing take on romance, which teaches that nobody is too old to fall in love. I didn't give this book a higher rating because of the negative aspects which could not be overlooked.

I recommend Midway of Light to people of eighteen years and above because the sex scenes are not suitable for children.

Midway of Light
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rohit Khanna
Currently Reading: Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohit-khanna.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Rohit Khanna »

The book has a really interesting premise. I have been fed up of love stories lately and have avoided them, but this presents something different and more mature in terms of the characters explored.

Great review and definitely putting this on my reading list.
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

This seems like quite an interesting book. Edward and Jennifer both have their differences and I am curious to know about them more. Thanks for the review.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

Quite an interesting storyline for a romance novel. However, the negative points are making me contemplate whether to read the book or not. Anyways, thank you for a well-written review.
JOSHUA MWANGALIKA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshua-mwangalika.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by JOSHUA MWANGALIKA »

Novels that concerning advanced age relationship are very rare, so it could be a good book for those advanced in age, that tells them they still able to fall in love and found their soul mate even in advanced age. Thanks for good review
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

I enjoying reading this summary. It's an intriguing thing to know how the two would end up in their relationship. I regret that its contains dull elements. Thanks for this review
Signature of Grace.
Immaculate06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculate06.html
Latest Review: ByTheWay by Dennis Santos

Post by Immaculate06 »

I would love to read the book so as to know how their relationship ended. The premise of the book is quite amazing. Good review.
Liberty356
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liberty356.html
Latest Review: Faults by Orion Gregory

Post by Liberty356 »

Indeed, I love the concept of the author of this book, it got my attention due to the phrase "most author focus on younger ones", which is true, I love this review as well.
Abasiubong Offong
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Abasiubong Offong »

Going through the reviews, the book is quite an interesting book to read. I'll love to read it, because I'm curious to know how their relationship would end.
Pr[]
Currently Reading:

Post by Pr[] »

It's quite an intriguing story i would love to know what happened tothis love story of Edward and Jennifer.
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

I don't believe online scammers do find love. I would read this immediately
Tomisin01

Post by Tomisin01 »

The review is very precise. Characters in the book were not the usual young lovers. The storyline is epic and I love the beautiful ending of the book.
Mercyla5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Mercyla5 »

I have never come across any book that involves old people romance, I am sure I will enjoy this one very much because I already like the storyline. Thank you for the review

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”