Review of Yellow Rose

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lauren Hanna
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Last to Vanish
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-hanna.html
Latest Review: Mamma & Me by Eloisa B. Lucas

Review of Yellow Rose

Post by Lauren Hanna »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Yellow Rose" by Janice Angelique.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rosalyn Clark lost her husband, the love of her life, two years ago. Her daughter, Anne, and her best friend, Scott, want her to start dating, but Rosalyn is still not ready. Meanwhile, Leopold, a regular at the diner where Rosalyn works, begins to notice Rosalyn. Leopold is not sure how to talk to Rosalyn, so he decides to write her a letter expressing his feelings towards her. Every day Leopold arrives at the diner to see Rosalyn. He has a difficult time getting her to like him, but he is very persistent. Rosalyn eventually agrees to go out with Leopold. As she learns more about him, she becomes attracted to him, and their relationship begins. Unfortunately, somebody is not happy with the new romance of Rosalyn and Leopold. The Yellow Rose is a fiction romance novel written by Janice Angelique.

The friendship between Rosalyn and Scott was heartwarming. He was a great friend to her, and he was very supportive. I enjoyed the many dialogues between Scott and Rosalyn; their conversations were both funny and entertaining. The Yellow Rose, although a fiction novel, is very relatable. Rosalyn’s husband died, and the author did a remarkable job of portraying her grief. I liked watching Rosalyn and Leopold’s love story unfold; realizing how much Leopold cared for Rosalyn was uplifting. I also appreciated learning about Leopold's history. The background information given about him made his character more likable. It was intriguing to see his perspective throughout the story, along with Rosalyn’s. Being able to understand both of their feelings was valuable.

There was nothing about this story that I disliked. The only negative aspect would be the errors throughout the book. The mistakes were mostly minor, but there were a few incomplete sentences that made the text confusing. I had to read the sentence a couple of times to understand what the author was trying to say and that disrupted the flow of reading.

The Yellow Rose is an entertaining and engaging story. It is a delight to read and easy to follow; it is a sweet love story. The characters of Rosalyn and Leopold are well developed, making the reader want to root for them. I loved this book and had a hard time putting it down. I did not want this story to end. For these reasons, I rate The Yellow Rose 3 out of 4 stars. A maximum rating was not assigned solely due to the various mistakes throughout the text.

I recommend The Yellow Rose to older teens and adults who enjoy romance novels. There were some detailed sex scenes; this book would be more appropriate for mature readers. For those who have lost a partner, this book could be a trigger, but The Yellow Rose may also offer hope of finding love again.

Yellow Rose
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

This seems like quite an interesting read. Thanks for the review.
Luchris_klaus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-klaus.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Luchris_klaus »

Losing someone that you love can affect your life. I think this book would be an interesting read for me. Thanks for your review.
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Post by Lucy Vera »

As a hugeeee fan of romance novels, I am really interested in this. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”