Review of Greetings From Jamaica, Wish You Were Queer

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of Greetings From Jamaica, Wish You Were Queer

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Greetings From Jamaica, Wish You Were Queer" by Mari SanGiovanni.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mari SanGiovanni will take you on a roller-coaster ride of emotions and adventure in Greetings From Jamaica, Wish You Were Queer. Marie Santora is from an Italian family, though they live in the United States. Being a lesbian, she stands out in her family, especially during gatherings where she has to conduct herself differently to “fit in.”

Marie and her grandmother had a spiteful relationship. Would you imagine what transpires next? When grandma dies, she leaves all of her wealth to Marie. A whopping twenty million dollars worth of cash! Dear grandma, do you see what other grandmothers are doing to their grandchildren? Now, humans been the humans that they are, start making telephone calls to Marie to check on her, while others suddenly become friendly with her. She faces a predicament: her girlfriend is a cheat, and she has always had a crush on an actress, who she assumes is heterosexual. Marie goes her way into pursuing her, and they cross paths. However, things are not always as they appear; after all, she’s an actress!

Let me start by stating that the story is outstandingly humorous. The Santora's is not your ordinary family. Here, you’ll encounter a seventy-year-old falling in love, in-laws conflicting because of money matters, there’s a drama on the beach, and other fun happenings. This page-turner has breath-taking adventures that will make a reader wish they were there with the characters. Mari has done exceptionally well with the descriptions. These are the aspects I cherished.

Marie was bold enough to stand her ground about her sexuality, and no one would change her mind. She traveled to a different country to chase an actress who barely knew her. But the latter did not stop her; she had a goal and would see to it that she at least attempted to accomplish it.

Then we have Marie’s brother, Vince, whom she would call when she needed someone to tease, talk to or open up. Her parents, too, though they had varying opinions about her sexuality, were there for her. This reminded me of the significance of the togetherness of family.

We have a professionally edited book, given that I only discovered one error. I award the book 4 out of 4 stars because there was nothing to despise. Besides, giving it any lower rating would seem like an insult to the author’s magnificent work. Anyone who enjoys reading family-themed books and those with LGBT characters will fully relish this publication.

Greetings From Jamaica, Wish You Were Queer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

This looks like a pretty interesting book. The book is witty with a great plot and the theme of the book seems very enjoyable. Thanks for the review.
Shilisia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilisia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shilisia »

I'm just so fascinated by the grandma's to leave everything to her. I love how firm Marie is with what she wants and believes. Great review.
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

I enjoy reading this review; it's humorous. The story featured therein seems thrilling. I will admire Marie's character.
Signature of Grace.
Chelsea Kamsi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Chelsea Kamsi »

I love this review I love this story the more can't wait the writer is indeed a very very good one like the journey of Maria and everything but her grandma died I think is very interesting already love it
Kajol Dadhania
Favorite Book: Open Water
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajol-dadhania.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kajol Dadhania »

Great Review :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Imagine if we had no secrets, no respite from the truth. What if everything was laid bare the moment, we introduced ourselves?
Brett Linette
Favorite Author: Edgar Allan Poe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brett-linette.html
Latest Review: ACED. by Shea Rose
fav_author_id: 4642

Post by Brett Linette »

It's always nice to see LGBTQ+ representation. This is nice to see! I just can't believe the protagonist travels to another country to meet with an actress she's hardly acquainted with. I know love can make a person do some crazy things, but that's just ridiculous. I hope it works out for her though.
Last edited by Brett Linette on 27 Nov 2021, 08:01, edited 1 time in total.
Latest Review: ACED. by Shea Rose
Immaculate06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculate06.html
Latest Review: ByTheWay by Dennis Santos

Post by Immaculate06 »

This book is a clear representation of the LGBTQ+ movement, and although I'm not fascinated by them. I love the plot of the book. Good review.
Liberty356
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liberty356.html
Latest Review: Faults by Orion Gregory

Post by Liberty356 »

1st of all I love this review. 2nd of all, Family is a great institution, no matter what state one may be, family's responsibility is to make one feel safe. Despite Marie's differences, she had somebody for her. I really love this part.
Lola_Scotch
Currently Reading: Who Told You That You Were Naked?
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lola-scotch.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by Lola_Scotch »

Awesome review, thanks! This family sounds fun, and having a descriptive novel invites you to the reality of the characters... I want that... and of course, I want to see how Marie handles receiving those millions from her grandmother, ( somebody show this to my grandmother😂) and people trying to befriend her all of a sudden. It can be tricky to identify the fakers but it is imperative!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”