Review of A Hundred Honeymoons

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of A Hundred Honeymoons

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Hundred Honeymoons" by J. S. Wilson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The content of A Hundred Honeymoons by J. S. Wilson reflects the book's title. Honeymoons are filled with ecstasy — an outpouring of pleasure from one person to another. This feeling is portrayed in the book. However, it comes with many bottlenecks. Will love prevail?

Sally Anderson is a selfish, well-endowed young girl with a burning desire to get more attractive and draw more attention to herself. She does this with the help of Mrs. V and her friend, Brenda. This narcissism allows Mrs. V to exploit her. Her journey towards exploring womanhood puts her in a position where she learns explicit pleasure earlier than she should have.

This book is unbelievably fictional. I find it hard to believe because everything seems too real to be unreal. The storyline and descriptions with actual names of existing places make it so real. Accordingly, the last chapter has a postscript that gives the eventuality of the notable characters. That's unexpecting for a fictional story.

Going a little bit more into the storyline, I love that J. S. Wilson pointed out one of the ills in society — the sexual exploitation of teenage girls. Someone may argue, "but the girls loved sexual intercourse and just had to do it when the need arose." This would be a debate for readers.

I applaud the author for his efforts in improving the readability of this book. The novel is divided into four sections. This partitioning will help the reader take breaks to digest what they have read in one section before going into another. For a lengthy novel, this approach is a big positive for the book. I like authors who do what they can to make their books readable.

I noticed that some chapters were titled after some of the characters. For each of those chapters, the author did well to include a portrait that would give the reader a picture of that character. I was particularly impressed by the portrait of Brenda, as her portrait matched her personality in the story. This was a well-executed idea by the author.

With little errors that can be worked on, I can't find any serious thing to dislike about A Hundred Honeymoons. It gets four out of four stars. I recommend it to older teenagers who can handle explicit sexual content. I also recommend it to persons who are not averse to lesbianism and love a good story about love and sex.

A Hundred Honeymoons
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Emeka Nwankwoala
Currently Reading: Life
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Emeka Nwankwoala »

One thing that portrayed in life is foundational training. If you have a parent that fears God they will automatically train that child in the way of Christ Jesus but the parent are not then the opposite is the case. That's what affected the child.
Mmaduabuchi Eze
Favorite Book: The Maestro Monologue
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmaduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mmaduabuchi Eze »

The character of Sally Anderson is very much seen in the attitude of most young girls today. Hope they learn from this book that they are naturally beautiful and focus more on developing their talent rather than seeking vain social acceptance.
Gabriella Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella-smith.html
Latest Review: Uncommon Poems Common People by T.D. Kruser (Terry Kruser)

Post by Gabriella Smith »

What an interesting review, do you feel all the portraits reflected the characters well? I often don't enjoy those inclusions as it takes away from the image I, as the reader have already developed.
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

I appreciate it that the book's content is so realistic and that the author tried to make his book do readable.
Signature of Grace.
Jayna Sims
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jayna Sims »

I appreciate the book,it’s readable and character of sally is very much in seen in girls today
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Post by Lucy Vera »

I love the central message of the book. Although lengthy novels bore me out, I think this would be a great way to unwind after my exams.
Shivansh_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivansh-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Shivansh_Reviews »

The plot of the book seems pretty interesting to ms. But I'm not a person who can read lengthy novels that much so I think I'll pass this one. Thanks for the review.
Immaculate06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculate06.html
Latest Review: ByTheWay by Dennis Santos

Post by Immaculate06 »

The plot of the book is quite interesting. In every occasion, love seems to prevail. The author did a good job in enduring the readability of the book.
Nomcebo_0619
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nomcebo-0619.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nomcebo_0619 »

Unfortunately that's the kind of world we live in, where young girls are sexually exploited. I commend the author for tackling this topic, and also for being able to make her book interesting enough to not find those parts that much disturbing.
Lola_Scotch
Currently Reading: Who Told You That You Were Naked?
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lola-scotch.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by Lola_Scotch »

This sounds like a thought provoking novel, diving into real life issues. It sounds like one should brace themselves, issues of sexual exploitation could be disturbing for some.
Thank you for the review.
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

I would love to find out more of Sally's journey in exploring womanhood. Unfortunately, sexual exploitation is a sensitive topic for me, so I would pass on this one. Nice review.
Akangbe Opeyemi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Qualify
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akangbe-opeyemi.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Akangbe Opeyemi »

I get sensitive about sexual exploitation books. You wrote a wonderful review
Badmusjamiu44
Favorite Book: Just Give Me a Soft Place to Land
Currently Reading: Preppers Medical Handbook
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Badmusjamiu44 »

The author really make the book so realistic and its quite unfortunate that we find ourselves in the world where sexual exploitation is the order of the.
Your review is so wonderful and perfect.
Mercyla5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Mercyla5 »

I already like the book, I appreciate the fact that even if it was long the writer made it readable,I also appreciate the fact that he took time to explain each character, thanks for the review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”