Review of Autumn's Gift of Love

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiwelite O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-o.html
Latest Review: The Water Bear by Groucho Jones

Review of Autumn's Gift of Love

Post by Chiwelite O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Autumn's Gift of Love" by Cynthia Beckhardt.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Out of all my choice of fictional love stories, I've never encountered a beautiful story like Autumn's Gift of Love. It is an extraordinary masterpiece that keeps one's eyes peeled, and one would never want to stop reading.

This wonderful story was written by Cynthia Beckhardt. It comprises twenty-three chapters that tell a story of a young, beautiful, and hardworking woman named Maggie, who suffered harsh treatments from her late husband, Richard. This, in turn, cost her her sanity and stole her chance to experience love. She found it difficult learning to be loved by a man without seeing them in a bad light due to her horrible experience with Richard. The author started by telling us about Maggie owning a design company with her friend, Abby. She tells us how Richard used to support her career and, later on, became hostile towards every decision she made before his passing. She also told us how she met Kendell, a plumber who came to work for her, and how he caught her daydreaming about her late husband.

Maggie and Kendall started to date some days after they met. They both express the comfort they have around each other. There were so many twists in the story from Maggie's view; for instance, her PTSD and her scare of Kendell turning out to become like Richard, which sickens him. How did Maggie overcome this trauma? Did it ruin her chances of finding true love again? Find out by reading this book!

The positive aspects of the book are numerous. This story is very relatable to our everyday experiences. This made me consider this book didactic; I enjoyed reading it. This story would help most women who suffer hostility and violence in marriage, delimiting the choices they make and viewing themselves as not enough, which affects their judgment and the way they view things. Maggie is a victim of violence from her late husband, Richard. This experience made her see Kendall the same way, affecting her happiness and her ability to express her love to Kendall.

Also, I must commend the professionalism of this book as no errors were cited; it was exceptionally well edited.

I found some negative aspects of the book. It was pretty tricky finding this part of the book; however, the book is too lengthy and filled with too much information, which I consider unnecessary. This could bore readers. Also, it contains some sexual scenes that some readers might find disturbing.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I did not give this book a lower rating because it was an enjoyable read. I enjoyed everything about this book, so a perfect rating is definitely in order.

I recommend this book to lovers of fictional love stories.

Autumn's Gift of Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

Interesting storyline. Lovers of fictional love stories will definitely enjoy this one. Great review.
Brett Linette
Favorite Author: Edgar Allan Poe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brett-linette.html
Latest Review: ACED. by Shea Rose
fav_author_id: 4642

Post by Brett Linette »

I hope Maggie can find it in herself to give Kendall a chance; he sounds like a nice guy.
Latest Review: ACED. by Shea Rose
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

The book cover is so beautiful! Your review has increased my curiosity, I'd like to read this one. Awesome review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

This sounds like a particularly interesting love story that many readers could relate to in one way or another. As the protagonist is recovering from a psychologically bad marriage, she has to heal herself, overcome her fears and open herself to the possibility of finding love again.
Bright+sunny
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bright+sunny »

Wow this book is romantic I love it
It will also help those men out there for a second thought to love their wives....
Stephanie 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-20.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by Stephanie 20 »

This sounds like an interesting read to those who love romance. very insightful review.
Immaculate06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculate06.html
Latest Review: ByTheWay by Dennis Santos

Post by Immaculate06 »

I love the book cover design, it gives the reader an idea of what the book entails. It is good to know that Maggie strived to overcome her trauma. Good review.
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Whenever we have a bad experience, it's difficult for us to see the light in a totally different but related event. I hope Maggie was able to accept change and move on as she seems like a character I'll be rooting for. Thank you for the review.
Lola_Scotch
Currently Reading: Who Told You That You Were Naked?
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lola-scotch.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by Lola_Scotch »

This sounds like a very relatable story. Experiences change us, there's no going around that. Sometimes they bring about good change but other times, not so much. The way Maggie has been traumatized by Richard is not uncommon, and it is unfortunate that so many people, often lose out on the love they could have had now, because of past relationships. Hopefully Maggie has a different fate, those with such experiences often need the most tender love and care, as a balm over their wounds.
NwakorVian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwakorvian.html
Latest Review: The Weed Lady by Shea R Embry

Post by NwakorVian »

The book cover is so attractive and you've detailed the story into an intriguing summary. This is a very relatable story and I hope Maggie was able to love Kendall properly. I would definitely read this.
Mercyla5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Mercyla5 »

I could imagine difficult it us for Maggie to fall in love again after all she went through with Richard, I would really like to know how it will go with Kendall and I hope she gets over Richard. Great review.
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy (series) by Claire Youmans

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

I have not read of someone who suffered PTSD due to a relationship breakdown. I would love to read this book so as to know how Maggie's story ended. Thanks for your review.
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Asiaa Szn »

I can relate to having PTSD from an ex-relationship. I understand how difficult it was for Maggie to move on. I also hope Maggie moves on.
Ronnie Comendador 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ronnie Comendador 1 »

This is how interesting story about Maggie's fast relationship that she's a victim of violent relationship the reason that she has fear to look for another relationships knocking on her heart? Hoping that she has moving on..

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”