Review of At the Chameleon, Turn

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Reema Aydieh
Currently Reading: Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reema-aydieh.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Review of At the Chameleon, Turn

Post by Reema Aydieh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "At the Chameleon, Turn" by Victoria Carisimo.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ethan’s life of being a famous actor isn’t satisfying anymore. He meets Arial at the charity function, organized in his honor by the hospital she works for. Ethan tries to understand the connection they have, but Ariel’s answers to his questions are riddles that confuse him more. His minder, Scott, wants him to stay away from her, but Ethan has never felt that deep connection with anyone before and isn’t ready to let go of his feelings before he gets to explore the connection they have more.

Lucy, Ethan’s sister, meets Ariel and senses a lure from her. After meeting Ariel and talking to her, Lucy understands why Ethan seems to have deeper feelings for this interesting woman. But it lead to some questions like how could the child-like woman with the piercing gaze and hypnotic smile captivate everyone’s attention with no effort? And how does she know what others are feeling, even when they are concealing them?

Victoria Carisimo is taking us on a journey with a direction: At the Chameleon, Turn. It shows us how to let go of fear, accept love, betrayal, and trust after being betrayed. It has a few profanities and sexual language, so it preferred to be read by adults who don’t mind a few swear words. The book is romantic, but it has paranormal elements that make you question certain things about the plot, adding a sense of suspense to the story. It’s more than an ordinary story about a Hollywood star falling for the unique girl he meets one day.

I feel like this book is a 3 out of 4 stars because once you start, you can’t help but read more. Even when Ariel is giving facts about the stars, fate, and animals, she makes it interesting and enduring because it’s all connected to the plot. The reason I didn’t give it a four-star rating is that the book could use another round of editing.

This could be Victoria Carisimo’s style of writing, but some quotation marks for the dialogues are missing. Also, if you don’t know Spanish or Italian, you might need to translate some sentences, but not all the time because you can understand from the content of the conversation what’s being said. It doesn’t take away any of the enjoyment in reading it, but it’s noticeable.

The writing style is catchy, with insightful peeks at more than just the main character’s life, as it’s written from a third-person point of view. Ethan’s inner struggles as he tries to adjust to fame and his confusion about his feelings towards Ariel are clear in the writing of this book. The different points of view give an insight into the character’s minds and help in understanding them better as you read on. The development of each character is obvious, and the plot is unique with each scene adding a question about what will happen next.

At the Chameleon, Turn
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“Just keep swimming.”
Luchris_klaus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-klaus.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Luchris_klaus »

The book revolves around love, betrayal and relationship. I would love to read the book and know how it ended. Thanks for your review.
kittykat6132
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kittykat6132.html
Latest Review: The Senator's Suitcase by Mitch Engel

Post by kittykat6132 »

Great review.
Reema Aydieh

Post by Reema Aydieh »

Luchris_klaus wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 00:58 The book revolves around love, betrayal and relationship. I would love to read the book and know how it ended. Thanks for your review.
It was a nice read, I’m hopeful you’ll enjoy it too. It was no problem, thank you for reading it. :tiphat:
“Just keep swimming.”
Reema Aydieh

Post by Reema Aydieh »

kittykat6132 wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 01:42 Great review.
Thank you!
“Just keep swimming.”
Brett Linette
Favorite Author: Edgar Allan Poe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brett-linette.html
Latest Review: ACED. by Shea Rose
fav_author_id: 4642

Post by Brett Linette »

Does Lucy become friends with Ariel? If this is the case, maybe Ethan can bribe Lucy into setting them up.
Latest Review: ACED. by Shea Rose
Reema Aydieh

Post by Reema Aydieh »

Brett Linette wrote: 06 Dec 2021, 10:21 Does Lucy become friends with Ariel? If this is the case, maybe Ethan can bribe Lucy into setting them up.
He won’t need his sister to sit him up with her, he knows what he’s doing. Kinda :lol2:
“Just keep swimming.”
Cwaganagwa Dorothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwaganagwa-dorothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cwaganagwa Dorothy »

I think that Ariel coming into the picture brought a different touch to this story and that is what I am looking forward to if I get to read this story. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”