Review of Childhood Beginnings

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Review of Childhood Beginnings

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Childhood Beginnings" by Deserie LaCrosse.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Childhood Beginnings, Deserie LaCrosse wrote an interesting romance novel. It told the love story of two childhood lovers, Ron and Andrea (usually called Andi). When they were little, they were neighbors in a town called Glendale, and they really loved each other. Andrea's father worked for Ron's father at that time. They were later separated and didn't stay in touch for years. They missed each other a lot. The separation was arranged without any notice. Ron went on to become a divorcee of two separate women, and Andi became a widow. One would not wish to have their kind of individual love stories. After fifty years, they had an opportunity to meet again at Ron's mother's burial. It was a meeting that grew into an adventure filled with a lot of emotions and activities. Read the book to learn more about Ron and Andrea's love life fifty years later.

On the positive side, just like most romance novels out there, the book contained a lot of sexual acts and terms. However, it is worthy of note that though there were descriptions of sex and lovemaking in the book, the author was careful in her choice of words. She made use of mostly biological terms. She gave just enough details for the reader to get a good idea of the act being described. Another point worthy of praise is that the book can give different emotions to different readers depending on the feelings they want to get from it. The pleasure derivable from reading this book is immeasurable. The use of simple but quality grammar in the book was equally a laudable point. It made it easy to understand and flow with the rhythmic pleasure of the book. In the book, one could also see that there was absolutely no introduction of unnecessary characters. Each character came in when needed.

I found nothing to dislike about the book. It was an interesting story filled with a lot of emotions. The reader will indeed be taken on an emotional roller coaster as he reads through the pages of this book. Some descriptions in the book are pleasurable, and the reader will absolutely enjoy those.

The book was exceptionally well edited. I found no spelling or grammatical errors in it. For that reason,
I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. It was written in easily graspable English. The plot of the story was equally well developed. Although it contains a lot of sexual descriptions, that wouldn't be an issue once it is read by the appropriate audience. The age-appropriate audience will be specified below.

I recommend the novel to lovers of romance fiction with lots of lovemaking scenes. I will also state that it is a novel exclusively for adults. It is not for readers below the age of eighteen.

Childhood Beginnings
View: on Bookshelves
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

Thanks for the recommendation, I think I will enjoy reading this book. It's been such a long time since I read something related to romance and I guess this book seems perfect! Great job with the review.^^
Julius Nwohiri
Favorite Author: Dan Brown
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-nwohiri.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 2452

Post by Julius Nwohiri »

It's sad though that fate played such a bad hand on these two love birds through the best years of life. However, such a renewed love experience at near twilight is a rare one, which many a curious adult would want to read about.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Post by José Cortez »

I think I would enjoy books where the author wasn't so careful with the description of sexual activities. I would have loved to let me imaginations go wild.
Darlings O
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Post by Darlings O »

I've always known Deserie to be an amazing author. Her romance works are always top notch. I would definitely love to read this one. Thank you for your recommendation.
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

I think this would make an interesting read. I look forward to reading this. Nice work on the review.
Ewoenam Afetsi
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Ewoenam Afetsi »

Ah,childhood love but I do not like the part where you say contains adult content though
Ewoenam Afetsi
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Ewoenam Afetsi »

Ah,childhood love is very interesting most end up in disaster the few successful ones end up in as cute couples.but I do not like the part where you say contains adult content though
Mercyla5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Mercyla5 »

I'm so interested to know how there
Friendship was after 50 years of not seeing each other. I'm also interested in the
romance in this book. Thank you for your review
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy (series) by Claire Youmans

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

Ron and Andrea's relationship was caught short by the people around her. I would love to know how the story ended. Were they able to feel love even after been separated for a long time? Thanks for your review.
Chaunz
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Chaunz »

I love a story where people after many years of separation can reconnect. Thank you for the review.
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

Wow! What a review that creates suspense that truly one cannot run away from their destiny. Though Ron and Andrea part ways early in life, at fifty years they meet again when both are not tied to any marriage. We wonder if they find the happiness they missed. This suspense is an urge to read it.
janeadika
Currently Reading: The Fort
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by janeadika »

It's been such a long time since I read something related to romance and I guess this book seems perfect! Great job with the review.^
Sarashi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Sarashi »

You definitely have to read this novel.The pleasure derivable from reading this book is awesome I love thehe use of simple but quality grammar in the book. It made it easy to understand and flow with the rhythmic pleasure of the book.
Ajiboye Shola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajiboye-shola.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ajiboye Shola »

A love story like this is touchy. connecting back after 50 years is another big omens prompting question. I will like to know how it ends afterward
Great Job.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”