Review of The Crown of Changes

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Review of The Crown of Changes

Post by Brenda Creech »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Crown of Changes" by Ashley Taylor.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When Jack returned from spending the summer with his dad, he had brought Chassidy a gold bracelet he found in an antique store. Jack acted differently that morning but would not discuss it with Chassidy. That night he took her best friend to the movies. Chassidy was angry at Jack and Melissa when she fell asleep wearing the bracelet. She woke up wandering about in a strange place with no one around. She walked all day until she found a cave for shelter for the night and fell asleep. When she woke up the next time, a woman named Reoko was watching her. The next thing Chassidy knew, she and Reoko were standing in a large room with a long table and chairs. She met Princess Aria, Cameron, and two vampires, Auman and Metea. She discovered that Reoko was a half-demon.

The year was 1638, and Chassidy had been 'summoned' from 2012 to find the pieces of a crown a queen had scattered to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands. Chassidy was the last living descendant and was the only one who could find the pieces and put the crown back together. She also discovered that the jewel in the bracelet Jack gave her was one of the pieces that belonged in the crown. She agreed to help find the missing pieces without knowing what she would have to do to find them and how complicated her life would become along the way. From a typical high school senior to the heir of royalty on a mission to find pieces of a crown in unfamiliar surroundings, Chassidy was in for the adventure of her life. Would she find the parts of the crown? Would she survive the next few months and be able to return to 2012?

In her book, The Crown of Changes, Ashley Taylor takes the reader on an exciting journey filled with imagination, danger, friendship, romance, jealousy, and more as this motley crew sets out to find the pieces of the crown. The characters in this book are very well developed, and the reader begins to feel like they are real. I don't typically read this genre, but this book pulled me in from the start and held me captive to the end. The ending caught me by surprise. It leaves room for a sequel, and I hope that's what the author has in mind.

My favorite part was how the characters meshed together despite their differences. For instance, Reoko, the half-demon, was 500 years old and could read minds. She had actual cat ears, and she could make anything anyone needed just by thinking it into existence. Auman, a vampire, was 1000 years old but looked like he was twenty-two. Matea, the female vampire, was 130 but looked like she was thirteen. Later, as in any good fantasy tale, there were a couple of sinister villains who would try to prevent Chassidy from finding all the pieces of the crown. The villains managed to get one of the crown pieces, and Chassidy had to get it back. Unless the crown is back together, Chassidy won't be able to return home to 2012.

There wasn't anything I disliked about this book. The only negative aspect I found was enough errors to cause me to have to remove one star from my rating. However, the book is still professionally edited. With 369 pages, it would be difficult not to have some errors in the narrative. There were only a few episodes of light profanity. Some intimate scenes were descriptive to the point I would not recommend the book to anyone under the age of eighteen.

For the excellent storyline, the character development, and the beautiful book cover, I am rating this book 3 out of 4 stars. It is easily a four-star book with another round of editing to correct the typos. I recommend it to adults age eighteen and above who enjoy fantasy novels with time travel, romance, and drama.

The Crown of Changes
View: on Bookshelves
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
TheGayOne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thegayone12.html
Latest Review: Tarja Titan by TC Marti

Post by TheGayOne12 »

The characters all sound really unique and awesome. Great review!
Beambeam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Beambeam »

Loves an imaginary books, definitely going to pick this for reading. Thanks for the review
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I enjoy reading fantasy novels, so I should enjoy reading this book. Great review.
Goody2004
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goody2004.html
Latest Review: The Devil Pulls the Strings by J. W. Zarek

Post by Goody2004 »

Imaginations, romance, and the likes in one book combined. It's a nice one, your review is a job well done
Emmanuel Okotie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-okotie.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Emmanuel Okotie »

Your review is captivating.
However, this is not my kind of book.
I'll pass on this one.
Thanks for the great review.
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

I love the cover of this book. I also want to learn more about the adventure Chassidy finds herself on. Thanks for a great review!
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

TheGayOne12 wrote: 03 Apr 2022, 04:02 The characters all sound really unique and awesome. Great review!
Thank you! The characters are quite unique! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

Beambeam wrote: 03 Apr 2022, 09:12 Loves an imaginary books, definitely going to pick this for reading. Thanks for the review
Thanks, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

Raymond N wrote: 03 Apr 2022, 10:12 I enjoy reading fantasy novels, so I should enjoy reading this book. Great review.
Thank you! I don't typically like fantasy novels, but this one was the exception. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

Goody2004 wrote: 03 Apr 2022, 16:10 Imaginations, romance, and the likes in one book combined. It's a nice one, your review is a job well done
Thank you. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

Ems100 wrote: 03 Apr 2022, 16:55 Your review is captivating.
However, this is not my kind of book.
I'll pass on this one.
Thanks for the great review.
Thank you. And, thanks for stopping by and commenting! I understand what you mean. This isn't my favorite genre either but somehow this book captured my attention!
B. Creech
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

Rashawn Carter wrote: 04 Apr 2022, 08:04 I love the cover of this book. I also want to learn more about the adventure Chassidy finds herself on. Thanks for a great review!
Thank you! I love the cover of the book, too. That is what drew me to it. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
Jumana Fawmi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jumana-fawmi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Jumana Fawmi »

The characters of the book seems interesting and the storyline is unique. The cover is attractive as well. I would love to read the book after reading your review.
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

Jumana Fawmi wrote: 10 Apr 2022, 18:23 The characters of the book seems interesting and the storyline is unique. The cover is attractive as well. I would love to read the book after reading your review.
Thank you! If you get the chance to read it I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”