Review of Till Death Do Us Part

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
peace_m
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-m.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Review of Till Death Do Us Part

Post by peace_m »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Till Death Do Us Part" by Diane Gravelle Giroux.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Has it ever seemed like fate handed you the world and then snatched it back immediately? Yes, that was the predicament of Renee Clarke in Diane Gravelle Giroux’s book titled Till Death Do Us Part. She lost her husband a month after their flamboyant wedding. This book is steeped in the themes of love, loyalty, resentment, and true friendship.

The worst is assumed when Paul Hamilton does not return calls after the news of the terrorist attack on the twin towers, where his business meeting took place. Renee is devastated, and her in-laws, the wealthy blue-blooded Hamiltons’, take their angst on her. Unbeknownst to them, Paul survived the attack but with amnesia and lived with a single mother, Rachel, in New York, who cared for him after finding him on her doorstep, and they slowly fell in love. Back in Boston, Renee finds out about her pregnancy and takes a vacation where she meets and falls in love with Mat, a doctor. Paul’s parents find out about Renee’s pregnancy and take custody of the child with legal documents. Watching the trial on T.V, Paul’s memory comes flooding back at the sight of Renee. Would they get back together despite the odds? Read to find out.

Diane Gravelle Giroux crafts this beautiful piece with engaging and straightforward sentences. This is her debut novel, so I commend the author for such a creative, suspenseful, and well-thought-out story. She captured the characters’ emotions aptly and effectively relayed the reasons for their actions from their perspective. So, it was easy to understand why they made certain decisions. The author wrote about Paul’s amnesia with a well-researched mind, and this is a commendable point.

I like that Renee did not let her in-laws slide with some outrageous behaviors and involved the appropriate authorities. I also like that she sought help even when it seemed like her world had ended. She was not also quick to jump into the hands of another man despite the temptation of it all. That showed true devotion to her husband's memory, which puts her on top as my favorite character. My favorite scene was the altercation between Renee and Nancy Hamilton during the naming ceremony of her children when Nancy thought it was the best time to apologize after making Renee's life miserable. Renee may have gone off on her a bit much, but it was good to publicly see the woman put in her place.

There is nothing to dislike about the book. The story was intriguing and enrapturing. It was well-edited, as I only picked on a few punctuation and grammatical errors. The book had well-rounded characters, and the dialogue was warm and natural. For these reasons, I rate Till Death Do Us Part by Diane Gravelle Giroux 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this book to lovers of fairy-tale princess romance and action.

Till Death Do Us Part
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Giftiee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giftiee.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Giftiee »

I love the blend of romance and action. An amazing review for an amazing book. Great job!
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Seems like an interesting read. I should be adding this to my bookshelf. Great job.
Samuel Abu Adams
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Samuel Abu Adams »

I love an action with romance and seem very intresting i shall add it to my collection. Good work
Abu_Aisha1
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abu-aisha1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Abu_Aisha1 »

I find the themes of love, loyalty, resentment, and true friendship captured in this book very fascinating. However, your review spurs my crave to read to book. Great review!
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

The captivating storyline definitely filled with loads of drama. I love the tension it creates and the uncertainties and the plot twists. thanks for the review.
Bioluwrites
Currently Reading: Back Home
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bioluwrites.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Bioluwrites »

The title of the book gives an aura of a forever love story. Thanks for not giving spoilers in your review, it was well written.
Enuagwuna favour
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Enuagwuna favour »

I love the blend romance, theme:love loyalty,friendship in this book great job

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”