Review of Tasting your Honey by Emi Ree

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LollyPop488
Favorite Book: Tasting your Honey
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Icon Review of Tasting your Honey by Emi Ree

Post by LollyPop488 »

I was honestly pleasantly surprised by this book. I have read many sci fi aliens romances where female humans are sold off to other planets to keep earth safe. This book had a completely different angle. Earth isn’t the ignorant back woods hillbilly planet that it is usually portrayed as. Something I found impressive was the amount of ‘world building’ that happened very quickly. This author really knew what she was doing to make you relate to and fall for the main heroine and her love interest. She is smart, intelligent, and understanding of all cultures while trying to not be judgmental. The couple times she stumbles she owns her mistakes like a champion. She came to their planet (the first human invited) as a journalist to observe and accurately depict this new culture to the rest of the universe. Meaningfully - there may have been issues of consent due to the desperation of the lost interest when they first met. However, we find out later that the test done earlier in the day at the ball informed her that she is the one ‘made for this man’ and he is CRAZY about her too. Even though they are different, their chemistry flies off the page and makes you need to go and take a cold shower after these steamy and sensual scenes. I will say the author did an incredible job of connecting the beginning of the story with the end and kept the story moving quickly without any glaring continuity errors. READ IT if you need something steamy, well written, and non problematic.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”