Review of Murder in Riverpark, N.J.

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nwankwo GC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwankwo-gc.html
Latest Review: The Chosen by Brandy Marks

Review of Murder in Riverpark, N.J.

Post by Nwankwo GC »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Murder in Riverpark, N.J." by Richard B Donnelly.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Murder in Riverpark, N.J. by Richard B Donnelly started with a close friendship formed between three couples who went through everything together in high school but had to part ways after graduation to chase their various dreams. Brad and Aubrey were one of these couples. Years later, two of the friends who had left found themselves back in Riverpark and found love with different members of their close group. Infidelity got in the way, and one person was forced to commit a gruesome murder which shook the whole Riverpark community as well as the whole nation. With little to no evidence found, who will be seen as the prime suspect? Who among this group of friends was compelled to kill? Can the police force solve the first murder case committed in the history of Riverpark? Read this book to find out.

Firstly, I loved the diction of the author in this book. Not many ambiguous words were used in the book, making it suitable for even an average reader. I also loved how well detailed the book was in the explanation of events, a very good example was when the school had their football games; the author didn’t leave out any detail when explaining to us how the game played out. That allowed for better visualization of the event as a reader. The author's chronological arrangement of events from high school to adulthood made it easy for the reader to understand each character better. Richard B Donnelly also extensively explained the reason for the reactions of the characters to some actions. The suspense in this book was another thing I loved. I was very relaxed about the events that I never predicted how the murder was going to play out of who would be involved.

Despite being detailed about the events of the football match, I didn't quite appreciate that the words used there were too technical for a non-football fan like myself to understand. Also, I found some grammatical errors in this book.

Based on the aforestated reasons, I rate
Murder in Riverpark, N.J. 4 out of 4 stars. Even though the words I wrote about in the previous paragraph affected my reading experience a bit, I think it will be unfair to deduct a star from the book for that sole reason. I must also state that the book was professionally edited.

I recommend Murder in Riverpark, N.J. by Richard B Donnelly to those who are interested in mystery and thriller novels coupled with some romance scenes. This is one book all lovers of the aforementioned genres should add to their collection.

Murder in Riverpark, N.J.
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Gnex_09
Favorite Book: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnex-09.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by Gnex_09 »

The writer did a good job using simple language in his book
Ruth Frances A
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rescuing General Patton
Currently Reading: Desperate Season
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-frances-a.html
Latest Review: Lucky by Spare Time Novels
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ruth Frances A »

There is nothing more scary than suspicion among friends. I like the review because it points out the style of writing because a heavy topic like murder and mystery needs simplicity.
Abu_Aisha1
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abu-aisha1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Abu_Aisha1 »

I'm a huge football fan, so I think I will easily relate to that section of the book the reviewer raised as a concern for readers. I enjoyed reading your review.
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

detailed and elaborate. I like the lessons on trust and loyalty. thanks for the review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”