Review of Loving Preston

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Itz Savaga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-ukaegbu.html
Latest Review: Parent-Child Guide To Coping with Anxiety by Dessy Marinova

Review of Loving Preston

Post by Itz Savaga »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Loving Preston" by Maria Pryor Herndon.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Loving Preston by Maria Pryor Herndon is a fictitious short story with Sharon Harris as its main character. Sharon and her husband were based in Chicago with their only child, Mark. Sharon faced difficulties in her marriage as her husband was a drug addict and didn't take responsibility for her and her son. Though she was patient with him, she had to run for her life when he threatened to kill her. Sharon ran off with her son, Mark, to Huntsville, where she stayed with her cousin, Winston. Huntsville turned out to be great for her as she met a man she fell in love with there. It turned out Preston was already married, and this saddened Sharon. Being a Christian, Sharon was caught between breaking up a marriage and letting the one she loves slip out of her fingers. What did she do? Find out by reading this book.

I liked that the writer made use of simple English language, which would enable readers to understand the book better. Also, events in the books were arranged sequentially, from Sharon leaving her abusive husband to meeting a stranger on her way to Huntsville and settling into Huntsville. Also, the author was able to point out some societal ills in the book, which included women being abused in their marriages and children focusing more on social media than their education. The writer also touched on the culture of arranged marriages and how bad they could turn out, as this was the case with Preston and Veronica; they never really loved each other but had to get married because of the relationship their parents shared. That made a mess of the union from the onset regardless of the fact that Preston, who is a man of value, tried to salvage the marriage. The introduction of Max's character to the story spiced it up a little as it grew the connection between the two lovebirds. The book had a lot of moral lessons embedded in it, which made it outstanding. Also, I would like to give credit to the author for keeping the storyline interesting and concise.

I didn't like that the author made use of contraction words a lot in the book. It may confuse readers who are still trying to get a grip on the English language. The book also contains many errors and needs another round of editing.

The book was not professionally edited, as I was able to point out a lot of grammatical errors in it. Due to the grammatical errors I found in the book, I would have to rate it 3 out of 4 stars. Though it was an entertaining and concise book, and it contained a lot of moral lessons, the errors affected my reading.

I recommend this book to lovers of romance fiction books. Women living with abusive men should read this book to take lessons from the life of Sharon and leave the marriage before it becomes too late.

Loving Preston
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

An interesting romantic fiction book "Loving Preston" by Maria Pryor Herndon, which follows Sharon, who had an unpleasant married life with drug abuse you spouse. The story looks quite heart touching.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Liefieklaas+-
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Liefieklaas+- »

A very good romantic story. Sharon being strong doing what is right. This book touches the heart and soul of a person's being.

What ever we go through in life. We must believe and push through.
Kyra_2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Kyra_2 »

Wow it's amazing,the first time i read it i got chills.
The book is really great and controlling. I literally cried cause it's heart warming and very good
Destiny Freedom
Favorite Book: The Most Unlikely Champion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-aaton.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Destiny Freedom »

This book sounds interesting and I would love to know Sharon's decision, and this decision would also affect her life.
Many books can inform you but there's only one that can transform you(The Holy Bible). Pls don't forget to drop a comment for this review. Thanks. :D :tiphat:
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

I love how you ended the summary. I am curious about which path she decides to take! Great review.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

Sharon is A strong woman. With her first experience in her marriage, she didn't give up on love rather she wants to try again. If everyone has this approach to life. Life won't be too hard for us after all. Thanks for the great review.
EssyJ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essyj.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by EssyJ »

The cover page is beautiful and full of love. I'm glad the content matches up. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like a very engaging read that also touches on important subject of women's education. (I'm guilty of overusing social media, so I can relate). Thank you very much for this insightful review!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”