Review of Dreams of Fate

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Obinna Chima Agoms
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibliophile-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Why Rock The Boat When You Don't Know How To Swim? by Daniel Sebata

Review of Dreams of Fate

Post by Obinna Chima Agoms »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dreams of Fate" by Skylar Shoar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dreams of Fate was an exemplary mix of love, suspense, and mystery. Blair Coal searched for her dream man after various vivid encounters with him but was later at crossroads as reality presented her with a symbolic "man of her dreams." Soon, an emotional battle ensued between her dream and reality, as they became intertwined by fate.

Recovering from a coma, Blair sought to find the man she had been seeing in her dreams, Tyler. She later discovered he was also in a coma. On her journey to discovering who Tyler was, she met his only known relative, Regan, his cousin. With time, they both fell in love with each other but deemed their desires inappropriate due to Tyler's connections to them. The duo had to make tough decisions, and any decision would come with grave consequences.

Skylar Shoar did commendable work on this book. It should be among the great and notable romance novels I'd ever read. Her storytelling style intrigued me from the beginning, and I was deeply engrossed in the book from the start. She also displayed her artistry with the descriptions of intimate moments.

One excellent quality of this book was its suspense, coupled with the unpredictable events, as I guessed wrong, on different occasions, the outcome of circumstances surrounding the book. Another distinguishing element of this book was the writer's use of double points of view, giving the reader all-around access to the thought processes of the two central characters, Blair and Regan. This factor alone would demand commendable praise, as she also gave different excellent perspectives of the sexual intimacy between both characters.

The book's pace was perfect; it wasn't too fast or slow. I did not find any event that was unnecessary to the overall plot. The characters were few and well described. The plot was simple to comprehend, and sentence fluency was adequate for an average reader.

The book's overall theme was emotionally satisfying, as the writer highlighted significant incidents, and the explicitly detailed sex scenes bolstered the emotional intensity of the book. Although relatively little work was done on the setting's description, it did not harm the writer's desired intention for the setting.

The editing team did a good job, as I could only find one error in the entire book. The book possessed all the qualities of a great romance novel and would make a great movie. With no negative remarks, I'd give Dreams of Fate a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I'd recommend it to adult romance and erotic readers. Anyone interested in spending time on a good book would have a good time reading it. I'd strongly advise only mature readers to read this book due to the frequent use of vulgar words and relatively high sexual content.

Dreams of Fate
View: on Bookshelves
Ifesi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifesi.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Ifesi »

Wow!. What an interesting review showcasing a great book. Looking forward to reading this book.
Jacklyn Wright
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacklyn-wright.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Jacklyn Wright »

You did a great job on this review! It is very detailed without providing too much detail to spoil the story line.
Gnex_09
Favorite Book: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnex-09.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by Gnex_09 »

The suspense in this book is top notch... It had me glued till the end.
Karen Gurtiza
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karen-gurtiza.html
Latest Review: A Walk in the Twilight by John J Bosco Jr.

Post by Karen Gurtiza »

This is intriguing. I hope to have this book on my shelf.
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

I like the way the review presents the drama, plot twist and suspense as I can feel it's presence from the review. Great job.
Okoye Chinonso+
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

The book seemed to have started alright, till I figured she ended up falling for Tyler's cousin....why!!!?
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Okoye Chinonso+
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

Well, love is an unpredictable phenomenon so I can't say I blame her. But now she's with his cousin, she wants to leave?
I don't think it's necessary though. She doesn't know Tyler that much nor does Tyler seem to know her.
I think I'll just read the book to grasp the entire story.
Thanks for the transparent review.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
rose203
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose203.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by rose203 »

The twists in this book take you tough a true emotional roller coaster. Thank you for a beautiful review.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”