Review of School Days, School Daze

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Review of School Days, School Daze

Post by Prisallen »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "School Days, School Daze" by Angela Ferrelli.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Clay Mitchell, handsome and charming, was just hired as Brandenburg Elementary’s new principal. After moving into his current apartment, he decided to venture out to a local bar for a beer. While playing pool, he encountered a young, beautiful woman named Olivia; she seemed to be exceptionally good at the game. She beat him twice before he decidedly won the third game, causing her to pour his beer over his head. Fascinated by the feisty and gorgeous woman, he walked her home. After a spine-tingling kiss, he found out her last name was Sheffield and realized she was one of his teachers.

Since fraternizing among staff members was forbidden, Clay resolved to maintain his distance when possible and to consistently communicate with her in a professional manner. Once she realized he was her boss, Olivia agreed they should just work together and only interact socially if it couldn’t be avoided. Olivia was already dating a man who seemed to have no faults. Nonetheless, when Clay and Olivia were forced to be together, there was an electrical undercurrent that neither of them could deny. Will they be capable of ignoring their attraction to each other for the sake of their jobs and Olivia’s prior romantic relationship?

School Days, School Daze by Angela Ferrelli is a 358-page novel listed in the romance genre. Ms. Ferrelli is a retired school music teacher, so she is qualified to describe the lives of a teacher and principal. She does this in a realistic and believable way. Her story maintains a nice flow and is easily understood. The tale is narrated mostly from the third-person point of view; however, the thoughts of Clay and Olivia are communicated intermittently from a first-person perspective. Their thoughts are always in italics, so the story is simple to follow.

However, I think the story would have been more entertaining without sharing both of their thoughts. The readers are informed how the characters feel instead of demonstrating this through the story and allowing us to discover it for ourselves. If only one of the character’s thoughts were communicated, intrigue would have been added to the novel. Since I knew exactly how they felt about each other, the suspense was diminished. I found myself losing interest at times.

In addition, too many errors were discovered, mostly in the form of punctuation mistakes. These usually didn’t interfere with my understanding but were too many to ignore.

Because of the aforementioned reasons, School Days, School Daze achieves a rating of two out of four stars. One star was removed due to the errors and one because it could have been more captivating. If those concerns are corrected, it could easily achieve a higher score. Someone seeking a light romantic book to read that doesn’t require much thinking might still enjoy the novel as it is. Several rather explicit sex scenes and mild profanity are encountered. If that is a problem for the reader, they might want to look elsewhere.

School Days, School Daze
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Judyread
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judyread.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Judyread »

This review is detailed and give a lot of insight into the book. I hope to read an updated version of this book.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Judyread wrote: 30 May 2022, 02:31 This review is detailed and give a lot of insight into the book. I hope to read an updated version of this book.
The book does have potential; it just needs a few changes. Thanks for stopping by!
KafeliKe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kafelike.html
Latest Review: The Party Line by Dennis D. Gagnon

Post by KafeliKe »

The cover of the book says it all. It's appealing. I'm not a fan of romance books and I'll therefore pass on this one. Thanks for this review.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

KafeliKe wrote: 31 May 2022, 04:13 The cover of the book says it all. It's appealing. I'm not a fan of romance books and I'll therefore pass on this one. Thanks for this review.
I understand. However, I appreciate you stopping by and reading my review!
Amarachi Nwankwo03
Currently Reading: Summer Showers
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amarachinwankwo.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Amarachi Nwankwo03 »

Oh wow! I’m in love with the storyline of this book. I enjoy romance stories so I might be checking this out. However, I do agree that sometimes, the readers should be left to figure things out slowly instead of throwing all the information in our faces. That helps build suspense. Thank you for your detailed review.
Similoluwa Odumuyiwa
Favorite Book: Wild World
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-similoluwa-odumuyiwa.html
Latest Review: Midnight On Mars by Marie Montine

Post by Similoluwa Odumuyiwa »

Does Clay have masochistic tendencies? :D. Why will he still follow her after she poured beer on his head. Well thanks for a good review.
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

I think I will pass on reading this book because I do not like explicit scenes. I liked your honesty about the book. Great review
Poetic Justice
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Chinyere Nwankwo wrote: 31 May 2022, 08:49 Oh wow! I’m in love with the storyline of this book. I enjoy romance stories so I might be checking this out. However, I do agree that sometimes, the readers should be left to figure things out slowly instead of throwing all the information in our faces. That helps build suspense. Thank you for your detailed review.
I hope you enjoy reading the story! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Similoluwa O wrote: 31 May 2022, 09:28 Does Clay have masochistic tendencies? :D. Why will he still follow her after she poured beer on his head. Well thanks for a good review.
She did apologize later, and there was a physical attraction. :lol: I appreciate your comments!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Sarah1738 wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 01:12 I think I will pass on reading this book because I do not like explicit scenes. I liked your honesty about the book. Great review
Thank you for taking the time to read my review. I appreciate it!
honeybear_11001
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybear-11001.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by honeybear_11001 »

Seems like a great read. I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks for the wonderful insight and summary of the book. Can't wait to read it.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

honeybear_11001 wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 08:22 Seems like a great read. I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks for the wonderful insight and summary of the book. Can't wait to read it.
I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by!
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

What a tangled love life. Am not a fan of romance books so I don't think I would enjoy it. Great review.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Ezidimma 01 wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 17:59 What a tangled love life. Am not a fan of romance books so I don't think I would enjoy it. Great review.
I appreciate you stopping by and reading my review!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”