Review of Don't Get too Close

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ozioma Miriam
Currently Reading: The Love Charm
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ozioma-miriam.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of Don't Get too Close

Post by Ozioma Miriam »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Don't Get too Close" by Jay Janzee.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I like reading romance stories because love is an interesting emotion, and it's very difficult to understand. This is because individuals express this feeling in different ways. Don't Get too Close was written by Jay Janzee. This is a love story between a white young man and a black young woman.

Justin loved Dajawni so much, but he wasn't sure if she loved him as much as he did. Ever since they met, their relationship had been filled with hurt and heartbreak. The most recent issue was about him sleeping with her best friend before he met her and not telling her about it. But he loved her too much not to try to mend their relationship when she reached out to him. So he decided to do what had always been on his mind since he met her. He wanted to ask her to marry him. But would she agree? She was at the peak of her career and didn't seem to trust him yet.

The characters in this book were quite interesting to read about. The author wrote about Justin in such a way that would appeal to female readers. Despite his checkered past, he was willing to help himself and improve his life. His love for Dajawni was so strong. He was always there for her and helped her through all the problems she went through in the book. But I didn't like it that he always resorted to booze and drugs when something bad happened to him. Dajawni was written as a character with an attitude. She elicited anger most of the time from me in the book.

I enjoyed the book's plot very much. Its story engaged my emotions a lot. I felt so many things while reading the book. The characters were fully developed. So there were other interesting stories in the book. There was even some measure of suspense in the book, even though it wasn't a thriller. But the number of errors in this book was too much. Sometimes it affected the flow of words in my imagination. This was the only thing I didn't like about the book.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I would have given it a perfect rating, but the number of errors was just too much. It was not professionally edited. Except for the errors, the book was an enjoyable read. I was captivated from the beginning of the book to the end of the book. I recommend this book to lovers of romance books. I do not recommend it to adolescents. This is because of the sexual and drug abuse described in detail, the use of profanities, and the descriptive sex scenes in it.

Don't Get too Close
View: on Bookshelves
Judith Donald
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judith-donald.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Judith Donald »

Love is a strong emotion I agree. I can understand why Justin would want to hide that part of his former life from her. I look forward to reading this book. Great review.
Paully_
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paully.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by Paully_ »

I like book with well-developed characters. It would great to know how Justin and Dajawni love story ended.
Ozioma Miriam

Post by Ozioma Miriam »

Judith Donald wrote: 07 Jul 2022, 08:57 Love is a strong emotion I agree. I can understand why Justin would want to hide that part of his former life from her. I look forward to reading this book. Great review.
Justin was quite a character. He had his weakness and he had his strengths. But you'd enjoy reading about him.
Ozioma Miriam

Post by Ozioma Miriam »

Paully_ wrote: 08 Jul 2022, 11:17 I like book with well-developed characters. It would great to know how Justin and Dajawni love story ended.
Believe me, you'd enjoy their story very much when you read the book. Thanks for commenting.
Harry Torsney
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harry-torsney.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Harry Torsney »

This sounds like a suspenseful romance novel that will keep the reader interested in finding out if there is a happy ending. Thank you for the review.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

Wow! I'd love to see if she says yes to him. Thanks for a really great review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”