Review of Rue Toulouse

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ThankGod Onyishi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thankgod-onyishi.html
Latest Review: The Blood of My Mother by Roccie Hill

Review of Rue Toulouse

Post by ThankGod Onyishi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rue Toulouse" by Debby Grahl.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

True love comes with a wave of uncertainty and tolerance; it looks beyond sexual gratification.

Rue Toulouse is a book by Grahl Debby. It was intentionally divided into forty-six chapters and written in three hundred and twenty pages. It is a fictional book primarily centered on love, acceptance, friendships, and family. It has a fascinating storyline.

Debby introduced her main character as Caterine Doucette, a lady who lost her parents at an early age and grew up under the care and supervision of her Grandma, Miss Dauphine. She was exposed to the good life and had the best of it all, apart from true love, till she met Remi. She was never accepted by her cousins and aunties. The hatred went to a higher degree when Miss Dauphine's transferred her boutique, Mon Cherie, to her.

Her friend, Elaine, and her husband, Paul, stood by her all through the hurdles and cheered her up. She learned what it felt like to be loved and accepted. Although her grandma afforded her with the good things of life, she topped it with good virtues which never left her senses. She stood out among her female cousins. Her love story with Remi was very appealing, and the twist at the end was unimaginable. I had a good read.

There are a good number of facts that I liked about the book. The storyline itself was very intriguing. I was hooked to the last page. The structure of the chapters and the inclusion of prologue and epilogue made me understand every part of the story. The author’s descriptive skills are highly commendable. Some parts of the book played with my senses. It was very soothing reading the love story of Remi and Catherine. The twist was never expected but very much needed. The inclusion of the French language at some point gave it a strong flair of originality as opposed to fictional works.

The book has different themes which can be distilled from the different existing relationships. It also serves as a lesson that someone who loves you will look beyond the material substance and when you find the real one, you don’t need to impress or act in a certain way because whom they love is you. It was exceptionally well edited, and the punctuation trend was exceptional.

The only negative vibe I got from the book was the constant use of vulgar words. This is very subjective because it did give the book an aura of originality, and they were used in context.

I will rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. The negative aspect I found in this book was subjective. The book was a beautiful read; therefore, I have no reason to deduct any stars.

I will gladly recommend this book to adults who have a flair for love and suspense-themed books.

Rue Toulouse
View: on Bookshelves
Lawrence+2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawrence-2.html
Latest Review: The Ranting of an Uneducated Reactionary by Oscar J. Phillips

Post by Lawrence+2 »

Nice book with a poewrfu review.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

I find it captivating that the book does not contain any errors. Errors tend to disrupt the flow of the story. The book has an amazing storyline too. It is definitely going to my shelf.
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Post by Lucy Vera »

I particularly love the lesson about love. Indeed someone who loves you will look beyond and see your beauty. This promises to be a beautiful read. Thank you for the review. I look forward to reading the book.
Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-amarachi-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Operation November Blizzard by Stephen Snow (penname)

Post by Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji »

I love fictional books that are centered on those themes listed in this review, but I don't like books that have a lot of vulgar words. So I guess I would have to skip this one because of that reason. Your review is beautiful, by the way.
Tony Official
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-official.html
Latest Review: America’s Loveless Age: Trumpism, FemPower, the End of Patriarchy by Noel Terry

Post by Tony Official »

The positive aspects of this book are drawing me to read this book. I love the fact that the author's descriptive skill in this book is good. This means i can imagine and create pictures in my head while reading.
Mseni Angel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mseni Angel »

The book is very interesting even though it capturing a sad theme at the beginning ,it shows that sometimes you will get love where you not expected then to those who you expected to love you they won't.The author used words that will be easy for a reader to understand ,futhermore there were no erro in the book
Darlings O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Post by Darlings O »

I like the fact that his book has little to no negative aspects. I love books that have an intriguing storyline. I know I would love this book. I would create time to read it. Thank you for this beautiful review.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Post by José Cortez »

I love it as this book talks about love. It just makes me want to read this book, and also, there are little to no errors. This review is excellent and I will do getting the book with my free time!
Kendal Low
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

I feel bad for Catherine because her parents died at a young age. I hope everything works out well for her.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”