Review of Indiscretion

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-amarachi-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Operation November Blizzard by Stephen Snow (penname)

Review of Indiscretion

Post by Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Indiscretion" by M.G. Crisci.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Indiscretion: Workplace Flirtation Creates Unimaginable Consequences by M.G Crisci is the story of a man called Martin Ruff. Martin begins a new chapter of his life at American Financial Advisors (AFA). There he meets a lot of new people, including Alexandria Plummet. Alexandria and Martin become friends, with their relationship being borderline romantic. Although Martin is married with two grown children, this does not stop him from having an affair with her, even though they did not sleep together. When this relationship ends, after some manipulations and deceit by her boss, Bill Johnson, Alexandria decides to make a few extra bucks by accusing Martin of sexually harassing her and also of making her lose focus, which leads to a downturn in her sales numbers. Will Martin Ruff survive this trap that he perfectly laid out for himself? Can he take care of it without Lauren, his wife, finding out?

Told from a first-person perspective, being that of Martin's, this book explores the hero's reaction to the events happening around him and his deep hidden thoughts about those around him. This is one of the positive aspects of the book. It explores his feelings about different situations and how he thinks others are feeling towards him.

Another positive aspect of the book is the use of descriptive words. The author uses so many descriptive words to paint a picture of the various characters present in the book. We are given not only a picture of their physical appearance but also of their behaviors and lifestyles, from Martin's point of view. Also, it makes use of the literary device of flashback. It introduces different characters using flashbacks to great effect.

Another positive aspect of this book is the many twists and turns present. Initially, seeing how the book spends a lot of time focusing on exploring the relationship between Alexandria and Martin, it comes as a bit of a shock to the reader that she would betray him and flat out lie against him to get a settlement. Also, the later events of the book take turns that the reader can never expect. This makes the book addictive and captivating for the reader.

One negative aspect of this book is the pace at which everything takes place. In the first few chapters, the book seems like a rushed affair. The story is very fast-moving, and there is barely any dialogue before it finally slows down and moves at a regular pace. This can easily throw the average person into confusion as to what is happening or when it is happening.

I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I rate this book highly because, despite the aforementioned negative effects, this book is a very interesting and compelling read. I will recommend this book to anyone who plans to do business or is already in the field of corporate business and legal practice. There are a lot of lessons about how to conduct oneself in the office environment.

Indiscretion
View: on Bookshelves
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Post by Lucy Vera »

This book’s storyline is fascinating. I believe it should contain some lessons regarding infidelity and how much loss that could come from simply committing one wrong.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

I love that the book contains shock and surprise as these are elements that keep a book going and keeps a reader invested in the story. I would love to read this. Thanks for the review.
Darlings O
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Post by Darlings O »

I love a book that contains a lot of twists and turns. I will think a book is going to end in a certain way, and the author proves me wrong at the end of the book. Thank you for this beautiful review.
Vivian Stones
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-stones.html
Latest Review: The Silicon Divide by Danielle Nowell

Post by Vivian Stones »

I wonder what happened at the end of the story. Did martin's wife find out what he did? Was he also able to survive the trap? I guess I would have to read this book to find out. Thank you for this review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”