Review of Habiba My Habiba

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Review of Habiba My Habiba

Post by Azubike Richard »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Habiba My Habiba" by Robert Fai.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There is no perfect relationship. The goal of every relationship is to feel comfortable and happy around your partner. Nobody wants to be in a relationship where the two people involved are not comfortable and constantly arguing. We must ensure our potential partner has human feelings and possesses the qualities we want before going into a relationship.

Habiba, My Habiba by Robert Fai is a book about Ferdi Rhonka. He is a young man living in a village called Shangkwa. Ferdi Rhonka is in a relationship with Janie Ogi. She was a beautiful lady with good character. Ferdi Rhonka had no money while he was in Shangkwa, so he decided to move to another country in Africa called Nigeria. Ferdi Rhonka relocated to Nigeria in search of better opportunities. Getting to Nigeria, he encounters Habiba. He had an experience with Habiba that affected his relationship and life. The story of Ferdi Rhonka taught me about abstinence. We must abstain until we are married.

The book has some positive sides. The author used the book to promote African culture. Most of the characters in the book have African names. All places in the book were in Africa. I love how the author used the book to educate readers about abstinence. To prevent contracting any disease, we must abstain until we are married. The author separated the book into twenty chapters starting with how Ferdi Rhonka left Shangkwa for Nigeria, how he met Habiba and what he regrets doing in Nigeria. Anyone reading the book would learn about the Cameroonians. The author added Cameroon foods and places in the piece.

The book has some negative sides. I am not a Cameroonian. The author used a lot of Cameroonian names in the book. For instance, on page 320, the author added the name Ogi without writing the meaning in the book. Anyone reading the piece that is not from Cameroon may not understand it. I want the author to add a map of Shangkwa in Cameroon and other locales in the book. Anyone who wants to go there may find it helpful.

I have read many romance books, but this is the most interesting. A reader would learn a lot of morals after reading the book. The author's writing style in the book was flawless. I found a few errors in the book while reading, so it is professionally well-edited. Due to my criticisms, I would rate the book a 3 out of 4 stars and recommend it to anyone who wants to read a book about love.

Habiba My Habiba
View: on Bookshelves
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

A story on the journey of love in an African country been like a good read. But, the author should have considered people who are not familiar with the names and places he used has you mentioned. I enjoyed reading through your review and look forward to reading the book soon. Welldone!!!
Ridge Titus
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ridge Titus »

I really do love the idea of the book and the fact that it teaches people more about the African culture, also how far a relationship is suppose to go and what makes a relationship between you and your partner healthier. The fact that African cultural names were used throughout the book shows the authenticity of the book and the level of thinking from the author.
Breedbee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-breedbee.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Breedbee »

It is nice seeing book that teaches about abstinence until marriage. I love the part of the as revealed by the review Io n the need to know who your partner is before further.
Kyrian007
Currently Reading: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrian007.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kyrian007 »

I admire your descriptive review of Habiba. My Habiba. I can see from your review that this book's concept revolves around a lasting and friendly relationship. Thank you for the review.
Faisal Kurfi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faisal-kurfi.html
Latest Review: Winners and Losers: by Arthur Hartz
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Faisal Kurfi »

In a world where abstinence is becoming a myth or considered as uncivilized, its refreshing to find books that promotes both good morality and Africa. I really enjoyed reading your review because it highlighted the theme of the book.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

What a fantastic review, I have been desiring to read this book. I love the author's creativity. Great review.
Oluwabiyi Israel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwabiyi-daniel.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oluwabiyi Israel »

Thanks for your honesty in this review. A map of some locations in Cameroon would really help me reading.
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

Thanks for a great review! It’s been a while I read a romantic novel. I’ll like to check this, too. A glossary for the Cameroonian names would have been appreciated.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

This book contained a beautiful theme and lessons. Abstinence should be encouraged to prevent regrets later in life. U hope Rhonka made it.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

Relationship is a sensitive subject because it’s concepts and guides are diverse but I do believe that there are some key similarities that everyone must follow when in a relationship. Great review and an interesting book.
SparkindaGl0
Currently Reading: On Becoming Me: Memoir of an 80's Teenager
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by SparkindaGl0 »

I never thought I would get past romance and erotica books that would often get into it without restrain. Shoot, since it is in romance and erotica genre, how much restrain is there makes me wonder. And you are right, no relationship is perfect. Thank you for a clean review.
Israel Abegunde
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-israel-abegunde.html
Latest Review: It's None of Your Business by Jordan K. Michaels

Post by Israel Abegunde »

This is one of the best reviews I have read recently. I like how you detailed the book. Your analysis espouses the themes and writing techniques in the book. Though, I have not read the book, I have a good feeling about it already. It should be an interesting read. Thank you for your honest review.
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Regard003 »

I've not really come across books of Africa, especially love stories. I'm impressed. A book about my country Nigeria. But I don't think I'll understand Cameroon. But there would be translation right?
Zoe Tladi
Currently Reading: My life uncensored
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zoe-tladi.html
Latest Review: Mindful Screen Time by John and Kimberley Woods

Post by Zoe Tladi »

That's an interesting romantic novel that teaches people about abstinence. I would like to read this book. Your review it's great!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”