Review of Marriage The Severed Contract

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Review of Marriage The Severed Contract

Post by Aisha Yakub »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Marriage The Severed Contract" by Carl Senior.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Carlos and Iris were connected in so many ways, and they loved themselves deeply. However, they had different dreams. While Iris is ready to settle down and have kids, Carlos claims he is married to his job. When Carlos breaks her heart, Eddie is there for her. As stable as it is, a marriage to Eddie leaves Iris craving for more.

Carlos comes back, and Iris knows that she wants to be with him. However, she cannot bring herself to break Eddie's heart. Unknown to her, her "harmless" husband already knows about her sexual escapade and will stop at nothing till he ruins her.

Marriage: The Severed Contact by Carl Senior has an interesting storyline. It mirrors the true situations of relationships. Sometimes, we don't get it all. The person who offers us spontaneity and thrill may not offer us stability. The one who offers us stability may seem to be boring. I enjoyed reading about the love triangle, as I was eager to see how it will end. In addition, I liked the female character, Iris. She was vulnerable and sympathetic. Even when she didn't feel so much for her husband, she tried not to break his heart, as she recognized that every person deserves to be happy.

As interesting as this storyline was, I felt it was grossly underdeveloped. The conversations seemed very unrealistic. I found it hard to believe that a partner could keep a pregnancy for seven months without telling her boyfriend with whom she had no problems. After the breakup, I'm not certain Iris reacted in a way I expected her to, and I do not positively mean this. It felt as if I was force-fed at some point. In one chapter, Iris is breaking up with Carlos, and in the next chapter, she has already been married to Eddie for three years. The line of actions seemed to happen so fast, and this interfered with my reading experience. Also, this book had too many errors; it was not professionally edited. For all these reasons, I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. I did not rate it lower because it had an interesting storyline that kept me glued till the end.

Readers should take note that there are a lot of adventurous sexual scenes in this book. I recommend this book to lovers of romance. If you like a short story with a love triangle, then this book is for you.

Marriage The Severed Contract
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

The story of love will never become outdated because at any point, it comes with fresh knowledge on how to choose our partners. This is a good romance novel, I am reading it.
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 343
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: The Witchdoctor Paradox by Barry Tyrrell
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

I agree with your doubt about being able to hide a pregnancy for seven months. I don't think this book is for me, but I appreciate your honest review.
Ayomipo Olukoya 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayomipo-olukoya-1.html
Latest Review: Apotheosis Now by Yanhao Huang
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Ayomipo Olukoya 1 »

I am a lover of romance and it is true that there's no perfect way to marriage or relationships. The person who offers spontaneity may truly not offer stability. Though I might not read the book due to the errors you stated are in it, it's still has an impressive plot. Nice review.
Kendal Low
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

I wonder who Ellie will choose. It sounds like a very interesting read. Pity about the fact that it was underdeveloped. Great review though!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”