Review of Evelyn

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Itz Savaga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-ukaegbu.html
Latest Review: Parent-Child Guide To Coping with Anxiety by Dessy Marinova

Review of Evelyn

Post by Itz Savaga »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Evelyn" by Umut Sasoglu.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Evelyn by Umut Sasoglu is a novel that portrays the life of Evelyn. She is a twenty-six-year-old married woman and mother of one. Evelyn has just been transferred to a new office for some time to work for an attractive pay rise. With a new and hot boss now in the picture, Evelyn couldn’t help but fall for his manly charm. A one-night kiss later turns into a series of kisses and make-out sessions. Now tired of keeping their relationship a secret, her boss, Philip, asks Evelyn to make a final pick between him and her husband, Brad. Who will Evelyn pick? Will she regret her choice later?

I fell in love with Evelyn’s motherly qualities. I loved how she always made time to spend with her son, how she always took her son into consideration before making any decision, down to the little act of always washing her hands before touching her son. I also loved the relationship Evelyn had with her colleagues; they could actually pass for a family. It was a breath of fresh air not to have to read the regular constant fight that happens in a typical office environment. For a boss, I love how relaxed and considerate George was towards all his employees.

Although this book has a great plot and was written in great style, I have an issue with how it ended. Even though I think it is a deliberate attempt by the author to have the reader employ his imagination to fill in the empty spaces and connect the dotted lines, I feel he could have done a little bit more. He left so many details to the reader's imagination. I also didn’t like the fact that the errors I found in the book were similar and very much avoidable. Another round of editing could have cleared up those errors, but that didn't affect the overall quality of the book so much; it's still an impressive work regardless.

I wouldn't hold my reservations towards the book against the author because I feel the author is at liberty to employ different writing styles to tell his story. So, I will pass off the open-ended nature of the book as his preferred style. Also, the errors, though similar and avoidable, weren't enough to warrant a deduction of stars. So I will rate Evelyn by Umut Sasoglu 4 out of 4 stars. It was an impressive read and was professionally edited.

I recommend this book to those who are interested in suspenseful romance novels. Mothers can pick a lot of lessons from Evelyn's nurturing persona and improve on certain areas they are lagging as mothers.

Evelyn
View: on Bookshelves
Emmanuel Valencia
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Emmanuel Valencia »

Evelyn tells her storylines in into ide saying that love him but that was boss so
like other way saying oh that my bf but running the manger bear were together but see
that was thing can need more into she saying kiss made one night stand ohhh
Nkemjr
Currently Reading: Malino: The Orphan Road
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Nkemjr »

I feel the topic is written on a typical storyline idea as i knew already what will happen next but yet was anxious to know what will happen next
Hahaha great story but there should always be a twist as to make it exciting
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

The story in this book looks intriguing. I am reading to know who Evelyn finally choose between her current husband and boss as her new husband. Thanks for the review.
Ashika Beejmohun
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Ashika Beejmohun »

Love had been always a difficult maze to find the way out but it always gives pain to the one who is unfaithful towards their beloved one. But once you are out of the love maze you will realize no one will love you more than your husband or wife. Same as the lady Evelyn who is unfaithful towards her husband who love her more than anything. But she still have many choices to ruin her happiness and family
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

This review is well written, although what does "make-out sessions" mean. It sounds a bit strange. Anyways, the prospect of this book doesn't flatter me too much. I guess errotic books are just not my type of literature.
Kendal Low
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

wow, sounds like a great read! I will have to give it a try for myself. Great review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”