Review of Sarah's Way

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinemezu Okafor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Doctor in the World by Hiram Baddeley

Review of Sarah's Way

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sarah's Way" by Amber N Paul.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Like everyone else, Sarah Jackson-Clark wanted to live a normal happy life that involved a happy home and a blooming career, but life got messy. First, her marriage to Alex Clark brings an ironic twist to how she had envisaged her life to be. Her marriage faces disasters that threaten her 'till-death-do-us-part' vows, but the most unexpected happens when she steps on the toes of a powerful man and his family after a dreadful sexual attack, and he goes all out to destroy not just the remnant of her failing marriage, but also her life. No matter how safe she thinks she can get, it seems Tom Matthews and his sons are always a step ahead of her and will get her no matter the cost.

Amber N. Paul in Sarah's Way describes the life of a young athletic girl who, over time, felt inadequate in herself and her abilities due to how badly she was treated by her first husband, Alex Clark. She comes in contact with a near-death experience, and it seems her healing is overwhelmed by her fear that she will not make it and her blame for everything that has ever happened around her. Ethan Miller, her recruiter, stays by her side throughout her trying period. Would he be able to save her from that which seeks to snuff off her life, or will he helplessly watch the woman who brings out the best in him snatched away from life?

There are several positive aspects of the book. First, the storyline is unprecedented and mind-blowing. One would not expect that the book would take the turn it took after Sarah left the restaurant where she had dinner with Ethan and Alex. Ironically also, one wouldn't expect that Sarah's first marriage would turn out as sour as it did. The book also teaches lessons. One of such lessons is that nobody is above inferiority complex and depression. Sarah, despite her great body and career, still felt inadequate due to how her first husband, Alex, made her feel, and this affected her perception of herself, which led her to starve and, thus, contract an eating disorder. Another great lesson the book teaches is the place of hard work and diligence in achieving success. Sarah is projected by the author as a very dedicated and hardworking employee in whatever field she finds herself in. This paid off secretly with rapid promotion, which came with an increase in pay and other fringe benefits. Also, Manny's success at the race is evidence of this. Another admirable aspect of the book is how the author projected the thoughts going on in the minds of the characters. This helps the readers not only know what the characters say to each other and have a feel of the environment and mood but also to have a glimpse into what the character is thinking. The author used this tool to project Sarah's insecurities greatly.

There is only one negative aspect of the book. I think some important details were left out, which would have made the story great. For example, it was not told when Alex asked Sarah to become his girlfriend. All one was introduced to after a while was Alex introducing Sarah as his girlfriend to his family. Also, the contrasting change in Alex's character after their marriage could not have gone unexplained. The author could have explained through her characters, before Alex's death or even when he had appeared to Sarah, why he had changed from the sweet husband he was, who was very romantic and caring, to a terrific cheat who abused his wife emotionally and used vulgar and profane words on her.

Overall, I find the book super interesting, intriguing, suspense-filled, and mind-blowing. For this reason and for the fact that there are just two errors identified in the book, evidence of it being professionally edited, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to readers above the age of 18 who are in midlife crisis and trauma.

Sarah's Way
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

The kind of life partner you
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

The kind of life partner you choose in life matters a lot, as it can destroy your life.Great job.
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

It's always hard dealing with a toxic relationship. This seem like an interesting pick, I love an unpredictable story. Great review.
it is what it is ....
Yasmine M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

The story is unpredictable indeed, it has many twists. The review mentioned that "the storyline is unprecedented and mind-blowing", wow! that surely makes me want to read it and find out more. It seems to cover many themes as well, from marriage, to self-esteem, sexual violence, eating disorder, career, powerful family... I suppose because of this, the author left out (in purpose) the details you mentioned in the review to avoid making the story too heavy; and in that case the left-out details wouldn't be a negative aspect. Thank you for the review, I enjoyed reading it.
Micah_1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micah-1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micah_1 »

It is always advisable to be careful when choosing a life partner. Thanks for an amazing review.
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Summer Henrietta »

I guess not all dreams come true. This is typical in Sarah's case.
Nice review.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 84370
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1195%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

Sarah a Young fitness crazed barista never experienced to leave the life she would be swept up by Alex then fall in love and married him that made her realize that Alex was a womanizer and demeaning nature, he cheated on him every opportunity he got .Sarah got courage to do things on her own without relying on Alex and become successful as we continue reading Sarah lustful nature made her fall in love with Ethan while trying to devorse Alex then a horrible sexual attack lands Sarah in hospital for months and Alex gone forever.but Ethan chose to say by Sarah something Sarah never experienced that was the best thing ever happened to Sarah and their relationship grew even stronger as they choose to live happily ever strong and happy what a book
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

One's life is doomed without a proper family. I would like to find out what happened to her. Hopefully she will find a way to get out of that situation.
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thank you for a great review. The sounds like a very interesting suspense filled story that I would be interested in. I’ll be looking out for this one.
Kendal Low
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

I would love to see the circumstances for Tom Matthews chasing her. Sounds quite intriguing.
Michael Valentine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-valentine.html
Latest Review: Diotima by Bernard Kuckuck

Post by Michael Valentine »

I wonder if Ethan Miller could save Sarah or if he just watched jer. I would have to read this book to find out. It has a great storyline, and I love the way you captured the summary. Thank you for this beautiful review.
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: Ten Assholes and a Curmudgeon by Bruce Workman

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

This is a splendid book. I love that it is filled with irony. The storyline seems intriguing. The book appears to be filled with mind-blowing twists too. Thank you for the wonderful review.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Post by José Cortez »

The book teaches a lot. One of the lessons it teaches is that our partners can either make or mar us, and they matter regardless of what we believe. I hope to read this book soon.
Chimomaebuka Ejimchi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimomaebuka-ejimchi.html
Latest Review: The Guardians of Earea by E.J. Denman

Post by Chimomaebuka Ejimchi »

This book was suspense-filled and interesting. The author really outdid himself with this one. I would definitely recommend it to my friends. They would enjoy reading it. Thank you for this beautiful review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”