Review of A Tale of Three Weddings

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Review of A Tale of Three Weddings

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Tale of Three Weddings" by Claire Keogh.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Tale of Three Weddings by Claire M. Keogh recounts an intriguing tale of Nicola Anderson. Abandoned by her husband eight months after their wedding, Nicola relegates her heart to the back and works hard to make a name for herself as a wedding planner.

When Nicola Anderson wakes up to a cryptic goodbye note from her husband of eight months, she is at a loss on what to do. Three weeks pregnant and ecstatic about this future, this was not what she expected. To make matters worse, Nicola experienced a complication with the pregnancy. Taking life by the horns, Nicola moves to Boston from New London for a fresh start. Three years later, she is a top wedding planner with her own business and ruling her world. However, her steel-made walls crumble when she sees her husband posing as a groomsman at a client's wedding. Jackson begins the process of a reunion with cryptic explanations, and though Nicola seems wary of him, she can't help but long to be with her husband again. Was his purpose for disappearing worth it? Would she give him a chance to prove himself? Well, dive in!

Claire M. Keogh is a brilliant writer who knows how to keep her readers engaged in the witty affair of her characters. She presents trying scenarios cleverly and portrays the perspective of the characters and the underlying reason for their responses. Also, there was noticeable character development, especially in Nicola. One could imagine the soft and naive Nicola Anderson from her interactions with Jackson. Although she still showed trails of softness, Jackson knew he was now dealing with a defiant woman.

This book was an engaging and perfect leisure read with just enough drama and light romance. My favorite character is Nicola. Also, I believe Jackson was way too selfish and questionable for my liking. Although he may have had serious reasons for his disappearance, I felt he could have done better. On the other hand, Nicola did not sit and fold her hands, declaring herself helpless. She aired her life and took charge of her affairs. I have heightened respect and admiration for her resilience in making this happen.

I would be candid to say I don't understand how the book's title fits its contents. I believe it deserves a re-think as it was a bit misleading as to what to expect. That being said, there is nothing I dislike about this book. Although it does contain a few grammatical errors that were a bit offsetting, I still find this book a very worthy read.

Therefore I rate A Tale of Three Weddings 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to fans of romance. It is the perfect romance novel to unwind.

A Tale of Three Weddings
View: on Bookshelves
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Bernisha
Currently Reading: Woman Evolve
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bernisha.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Bernisha »

Being abandoned with a 3 weeks pregnancy by one's husband of 8 months is certainly not something i would wish on my enemy. Nicola, in this story, must have gone through some deep moments of pain, anguish and feelings of dejection. If i were Nicola, i would not have rekindled anything with this estranged husband, after seeing him at a client's wedding. He doesnt deserve a second chance in such case.
ThankGod Onyishi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thankgod-onyishi.html
Latest Review: The Blood of My Mother by Roccie Hill

Post by ThankGod Onyishi »

I decided to read this because its title fascinated me. I was not disappointed by what the review had to offer, and I know I won't be disappointed with the book.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

The title of the book drew me in first and then I read the Review! I am definitely adding this book to my shelves as I feel very relatable to how the Review summarized the book. I can't wait to read how the characters develop and what happens at the end. What does Nicola decide to do? I am definitely going to find out! Thanks for a great Review
Riya Sarkar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riya-sarkar.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Riya Sarkar »

When I read that Nicola is a wedding planner, I thought perhaps there are 3 major weddings that change her life or something. Is that not the case?
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Post by Emily Meadows »

Adding this book to my 'to read' list!
R_becca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by R_becca »

I agree that the title doesn't fit the plot; but, I think Nicola is a wonderful character and I'm eager to learn whether she gave Jackson another chance. I admired how she established herself despite her hardships.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”