Review of Clueless & Headstrong

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Review of Clueless & Headstrong

Post by Adaeze Joan »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Clueless & Headstrong" by Eyvonne Black.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I haven’t read a love story in a long time, and I must admit, I miss the heartwarming feelings I get from them. This is a typical childhood sweetheart love story. In this book, Aunt Lynette tells Alissa and the readers about her love story. Lynette and Alissa are two ladies who are looking for redemption after having similar childhood experiences.

Lynette was a timid young girl who didn’t think she was attractive. Chan, on the other hand, held a different opinion and grew to love her. Following the etiquette ball, their romance officially began. They seemed to be inseparable. Unfortunately, the long-standing tradition of the Chen family finally took its course. Chan and Lynette soon lost contact with one another. Years went by with Lynette happily married to Hector. One day, she receives information about where Chan might be. Will she go back to her childhood boyfriend now that Hector is ill? Or will she become closer to her husband as a result of this illness? She is stuck between two men who deeply love her.

Clueless & Headstrong: Aunt Lynette Story by Eyvonne Black is a book that will leave its readers feeling a series of emotions. I strongly felt love, pain, and joy at different points in this book. I enjoyed reading through the pages of this book because I thought the storyline was interesting and unique. The author wrote in such a way that would grab the reader’s attention. It was descriptive and easy to read. This book was written in the third person, but when Aunt Lynette told her story, it was in the first. It is filled with love, guilt, healing, regret, joy, and pain.

This book was exceptionally well-edited because I didn’t find any errors in it. There was absolutely nothing I disliked about this book. However, I felt the title didn’t quite fit what it was about. The book’s cover was beautiful and nicely suited the contents. I loved how the author described the emotions of the characters. I was able to sense what they felt. The characters were all well developed and realistic.

I learnt a lot of life lessons from this book, especially about love. This book tells a beautiful tale, so I cheerfully rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book, especially to young adults who love romance novels. Adults who wouldn’t mind reading sappy love tales would also enjoy reading this book.

Clueless & Headstrong
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Cherrie Rosaldo
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Favorite Book: David's Sling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrie-rosaldo.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak
fav_author_id: 4569

Post by Cherrie Rosaldo »

I want to read this book. I normally avoid romance novel cause it thug some heartstrings within me but I'm interested with this one. Nice review!
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

Love stories and their complications. Trying to read about a woman make a decision between two men, without an issues of queries about the man she hasn't seen for a long time. The story seems nice and inviting. Beautiful review.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

I can feel the suspense depicted from your review. Lynette seems to be between a rock and a hard place. I wonder what her decision would be although, I hope she stays with her husband. Nicely written review.
Bef Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Post by Bef Ozo »

This is love story that is lovely to read. Lynette is stuck in the middle of chosing between 2 men. This is a really tough decision and I hope to see how she made her decision and who she picked.
Fams Pee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fams-pee.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Fams Pee »

What a complicated situation. Seems Lynette has to choose between Chan (who grew up loving her) and Hector. I hope to read this book; the plot is engaging. Nice review.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

There is no perfect lesson on how to love. Clueless & Headstrong by Eyvonne Black is a story of two lovers who ended up not marrying due to circumstances. Interesting love story!
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

This is a really wonderful book. Just from reading the review I can feel the strong emotions. I wonder what lynette's decision will be
Oluchii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ne-thewriter.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluchii »

This seems like a romance novel I would love to read. Your review has piqued my interest. Lynette's choice seems like a hard one and I'll like to see who she'll end up with. Great review.
Dauria04
Favorite Book: Daisy Jones and the Six
Currently Reading: The Mark of Athena
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dauria04.html
Latest Review: Musings of an Autistic Mind by Darryl Jefferson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Dauria04 »

This seems like a lovely romance book, I look forward to reading it. Great review
"I had no interest in being somebody else's muse.
I am not a muse.
I am the somebody."

-Daisy Jones & The Six, Taylor Jenkins Reid.
Einsthawkton Edeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-einsthawkton-edeh.html
Latest Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by Einsthawkton Edeh »

This book has an interesting storyline. I'm already curious to find out what choice Lynette would make. I hope she's backed the right one though. This review was very informative. Thank you.
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Vivian Writes »

I live for romance books! It’s pretty suspenseful to wonder if Lynette would stay steadfast to Hector or if old love will win. But I am also concerned to know Alissa’s story! What part does she play? Is she also stuck in a love triangle?
NatNat7
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by NatNat7 »

Profound! Enlightening! Joyful! Tearful! Fantastic! Insightful! Bubbly! These are just a few of the words I would use to describe the book 'Clueless and Headstrong'. It was truly a monumental insight on how we are faced with situations that can have a profound impact on our life and, even, by extent those around us! Most times we are truly clueless and we may resort to curling up in one corner and crying or bashing ourself for not handling the situation in a different or more suitable manner. No one likes regrets, however, we ought to be headstrong in reconstructing our thoughts of the situation and focus on how to move forward with the experience we gained. Each one, teach one! Our past experiences should not hinder us from living in the present in a fulfilling manner nor make us timid in experiencing the future. Everyday is a new beginning filled with new opportunities and new experiences. Let us grasp it/them. Thank you, Eyvonne, for writing this book and sharing it with us! I truly enjoyed reading it in one sitting and having my emotions tickled! Thanks again! Lots of Love. Natania
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Post by Emily Meadows »

Aieeee! We need to know what happened! I suppose we should read the book… ;).
Kendal Low
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

Wow, I'd love to know who/what Lynette chooses! This sounds like a very captivating and I very much enjoyed reading your review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”