Review of See a Witch About a Curse

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of See a Witch About a Curse

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "See a Witch About a Curse" by Loen Hussain.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sometimes we find friendship in the most hopeless places, and that relationship can change everything we have ever planned or set out for ourselves. A small act of favour can bring more favour in one's direction, and at the same time, it can bring harm to one. So what should we do? Should we then render help if we can or just look away?

See a Witch About a Curse by Loen Hussain, tells the story of an alpha witch and four wolf brothers. Azalea is a witch raised secretly by her late parents for fear of being attacked by other witches. After her parent's deaths, she lived as a loner and worked the night shift in a gas station store. One day, towards the end of work, a handsome guy came to the store to get ice for his sick brother. As a witch who is well-versed in plants and herbs, she decided to offer him some of her magical plants. Unknown to her, the guy is a werewolf, and witches and wolves are enemies. Her act of kindness brought her to meet the other brothers to break a curse cast on the youngest by a witch. Read this book to discover what luck or doom her actions brought her and if she and the brothers defied the enmity between witches and wolves.

I enjoyed the author's writing style and plot development. I flowed well with the story, which was told in the first person narrative, and I was immersed in it from the first to the last page. Although the book is fictional, the author made the story real and relatable. Also, the author did well with the character development. I enjoyed reading about her and the four brothers. Although they are not human but take the human form, it is thrilling to read about their family bond and relationship.

I also like how the author was able to conceal the end of the book. Without reading the story to the end, you will never fully understand the book's title. I am eager to read book two and learn if they risk all to see another witch break the curse. I hope T.Y survives the curse and lives to celebrate his birthday.

There is nothing I disliked about the story. Although the book has highly profane word usage, which is in line with the book's plot, this didn't get in the way of enjoying the story. From page one to page 184, I had a good time reading and was not bored at any point. 

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it is well deserving of it. The book was professionally edited and written in a clear language. There is no reason not to give this book a perfect rating.

I recommend this book to mature adults and readers of fiction. Lovers of magic and action-packed books will enjoy this one too.

See a Witch About a Curse
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

I totally agree with you, most time we find friends where we didn't expect it, and those we call our true friends often disappoint in face of challenges. This book has alot to teach about friendship. Great review.
Kendal Low
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

This sounds like a great book that you really enjoyed. It makes me want to check it out for myself. Thanks for a really good review.
Christabel Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-benson.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Christabel Benson »

Wow, this is the first paragraph for me indeed, sometimes we do find true friendships in whom we don't expect nice reviews.
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

The plot is fascinating, I hope Azalea good deed brings her good luck in breaking the curse between witches and wolves. Nice review
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

It’s really tricky figuring out if you can lend a helping hand of if you kindness can be used against you and put you in trouble but it seems this ploy has a twist
Oluwatosin Balogun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwatosin-balogun.html
Latest Review: Musings of an Autistic Mind by Darryl Jefferson

Post by Oluwatosin Balogun »

This is an elaborate and interesting review. It has successfully piqued my interest in the book. I would love to read the book. Wonderful review.
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Post by David Chijindu »

I completely agree with you; we often meet friends in unexpected places, and those we consider to be our actual friends frequently let us down when faced with difficulties. There are many lessons about friendship in this book. fantastic review
satsu
Favorite Book: Rescuing General Patton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-satsu.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by satsu »

I have no got this on my to read bookshelf! I mean who doesn’t I’ve a witchy filled, magical inspired tale?!
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

An unexpected act of kindness can bring about results that we don't expect and friends are not always who we expect, either.
Amanda simmon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-simmon.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amanda simmon »

Sometimes we help people out of the goodness of our hearts and we end up creating a solid friendship and connection that could last forever but in some cases these things back fire and we end up with enemies instead
Katherine Powell-Polkey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-powell-polkey.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter
Reading Device: 1400501466

Post by Katherine Powell-Polkey »

Oh this sounds so interesting. I love shifter books and it's always a bonus if they include witches. It looks like I have another book to add to my to-be-read list. You wrote such a wonderful review. Great job.
FunkyFlowerLady
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

You've perfectly captured the gist of the book in your review. Amazing!
Dayna Frank
Favorite Book: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Currently Reading: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayna-frank.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Dayna Frank »

You have made me interested in reading this book! This is a great review.
Ruth Omonegho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-omonegho.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Ruth Omonegho »

I like how selfless the protagonist is. How he put his life on line to break the curse on those guys.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”