Review of A Woman in Search Of...

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Review of A Woman in Search Of...

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Woman in Search Of..." by Lynne Brightman Horn.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Woman in Search Of… is a book written by Lynne Brightman Horn. It was divided into fifty chapters and written in one hundred and eighty-eight pages. It is a fictitious story of a woman named Wendy.

Lynne tells the story of a woman who recently divorced her husband, Scott, after two years of marriage. She went on a voyage of discovery with the sole intent of being desired and cared for by the opposite gender. She got involved with so many men, including Mike, Marty, Brad, Rusty, Scott, and Elliot. At some point, when it seemed none was able to resolve her inner conflict, she resorted to pots and drugs. Her process of self-discovery was elaborately detailed in this book.

One remarkable part of the story is the author’s skill with detail. She gave even the tiniest detail about Wendy. The storyline was unique, and some of the existing relationships in the story were very commendable. I particularly liked the relationship between Wendy and Cindy. Her love relationship with Elliot was very inspiring to read. I commend the author’s skill in the non-inclusion of vulgar words in the book. It was refreshing.

My favorite part of the book is the nursery stories. The way she understood what each plant needs and how she educated her audience on how best to take care of the plants were very commendable. I also liked the fact that she understood the dangers of drugs and pots even when it seemed to be her dose of relaxation. It was a good book.

There are a few parts of the book that I disliked. The structure of the chapters was something I did not particularly enjoy. They were very short, and some conveyed no particular stories but just her regular lifestyle. It would have been better off merged with some chapters. This made the book very tiring to read. I also did not like the style of English used. I had difficulty understanding some sentences. I think it should be re-edited. Some of the sentences were cut in between to become paragraphs. These parts of the book should be revisited. The punctuation trend employed was not so favorable in conveying the intended message.

I will rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. My reason is that the structure of the chapters was too lengthy, and the style of English used created difficulty and made the book very tiring to read. I did not deduct any more stars because of the positive aspects of the book.

I will recommend this book to adults who are in search of self-discovery to understand that it’s okay to make mistakes. The most important thing is not to dwell on it but find reasons to forge ahead.

A Woman in Search Of...
View: on Bookshelves
Mercy Sos Christopher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-sos-christopher.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Mercy Sos Christopher »

I love it when books on romance don't include too many vulgar language or profanity, so young readers too can be able to read it. Your review is well written and I will definitely be checking out this book, because I actually have a thing for reading that genre of books.
Wren Michaels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wren-michaels.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Wren Michaels »

Your review was details and well-written, thank you.
Michaeleedsy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeleedsy.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Michaeleedsy »

The title of this book seems to be self-explanatory as it tells the story of a list who had just divorced her husband. I'd love to know why she divorced her husband. Thanks for your honest review.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I like to try to read romance books, and this sounds so interesting. I hope I can grab a copy of it. Thanks for the great review Chewelite.
R_becca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by R_becca »

Sounds like a great book for learning about oneself and accepting that mistakes are inevitable.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”