Review of Hannah’s Journey

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Review of Hannah’s Journey

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Hannah’s Journey" by Kay Davis.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This story details the life of Hannah Smallwood. It is one that has been riddled with many trials and losses. Hannah lost her parents, who doubled as her role models, at an early age. She moved in with her aunt, Jaqueline, a renowned nature and wildlife photographer and a future exemplary figure in her niece’s life. Hannah’s losses forced her into a life of solitude and distrust for others. She certainly wasn’t looking for love when she found it with Dylan Cook. Theirs was a rare and beautiful kind, one hardly found in modern-day romance. They got married and were happy until tragedy struck with Dylan finding out he had leukaemia. Hannah's life took a new turn after this discovery was made. Find out how Hannah and Dylan handled the situation and how it affected Hannah going forward.

The storyline of how one woman was able to persevere even with tragedy constantly lurking around made the story an interesting read. The fact that she still had love to give made for an inspiring kick. The story kept me engaged with its many twists, and although some parts were easily predictable, others came as a surprise, and that kept the thrill going. I loved how the story expressed love in its candid form; it exposed love in its intricacies: raw, real, and unaltered. It showed that as beautiful as it can be, just like other things in life, it has many obstacles. The manner in which certain characters approached their problems taught me a great deal. I received immeasurable knowledge from their approach and attitude towards arduous life issues.

On the downside, I felt the story glorified Hannah differently than how she was in the book. She did not act as intelligible as she was made out to be. Also, the story dragged on for longer than it should have because of some unnecessary information it contained. Away from these two points, Hannah's Journey by Kay Davis was undoubtedly a fantastic read.

I rate this book four out of four stars. Although I noted some negative points, I consider the story a great read with enough thrill and plot twists that kept me going till the very end and many invaluable lessons as well. It was exceptionally well edited; I couldn't find an error in it. I didn't remove a star because, apparently, the positives to the book enormously outweigh the negatives.

I recommend this book to lovers of romance fiction. Hannah's Journey by Kay Davis is a peculiar nook and definitely one I believe a lot of readers can connect to and draw strength from.

Hannah’s Journey
View: on Bookshelves
Patty Allread
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

I loved how the story expressed love in its candid form; it exposed love in its intricacies: raw, real, and unaltered. It showed that as beautiful as it can be, just like other things in life, it has many obstacles.
I very much like the way you worded this comment. Indeed, love in its candid form is essential to any romance novel.
Kendal Low
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

This sounds like a heartwarming and sad novel. I hope Dylan and Hannah are able to make it through. Great review.
Sharleen Rockman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharleen-rockman.html
Latest Review: The Fighting Ibex by Leo Peterson

Post by Sharleen Rockman »

This sounds like a good book to read as life has many facets. One can draw from the strength of others who are going through difficulties in life. When others portray perseverance during challenged times one can find comfort in knowing you are not alone.
CrossK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

Wow, what a fascinating review this is. This novel is quite sad talking about Hannah Smallwood's tragic story starting from her parent's death. Nice review!
Giovana Arévalo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giovana-ar-valo.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Giovana Arévalo »

I'm sure this is the kind of story that would make me cry my heart out, one where love is always challenged by obstacles and hope remains until the very end. Great review, thank you!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”