Review of A Love Story between 2 Worlds

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Review of A Love Story between 2 Worlds

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Love Story between 2 Worlds" by Charlie Lord.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Love Story Between 2 Worlds by Charlie Lord is a romance story based on the author’s life experiences. Charlie met Peggy while they were attending Washburn University in Topeka, Kansas. They knew they had loved each other during other lifetimes and belonged together. As the years go by, they lose touch with each other because she is motivated to finish school and get a job, and he plays professional baseball. Peggy intuitively knows when Charlie needs her support and shows up at his ball games. For 40 years, Charlie has no idea where Peggy is or whether she is alive. Then during a thunderstorm, all that changes. What happened during the thunderstorm? Does spiritualism exist? Are guardian angels real? Does everyone have a soul mate? Have you ever been late somewhere and avoided an accident?

I could easily visualize all the people, roads, restaurants, and locations that Charlie mentioned in the book. The pictures in the book allowed me to put faces and names together. I was pleased that the author explained the baseball content, like the “hit and run play,” which I was unfamiliar with. I found the advantages of using an aluminum bat versus a wooden one interesting. Although I lived before cell phones and the internet, I never thought about how difficult it was to find someone who chose to disappear. Anyone who wants more information about spiritualism will be happy to see the list of Spiritual References at the end of the book. It was thought-provoking to consider the possibility of everyone having a third-eye capability to receive telepathic messages from spirits and other humans. I have never been a YMCA member and found it interesting that their core values are: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.

The major flaw in this book is the lack of professional editing. There is inconsistency in following the rules for writing numbers, capitalized words in the middle of sentences, misspelled words, and other grammatical and typographical errors that a professional editor would have found.

Due to the many mistakes, I have no choice but to give this short book 4 out of 5 stars. I found no reason to deduct any more stars because the book was an enjoyable and interesting read.

If you enjoy reading romance novels based on real-life experiences, this is the book I recommend to you. You will enjoy this book if you believe in God, spirituality, reincarnation, and life after death. You should avoid this book if any of these topics offend you. Although the plot follows Charlie Lord’s experience playing baseball, you do not need to be a fan of baseball to enjoy this book.

A Love Story between 2 Worlds
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

A romance book where the author narrate a story of how Charlie met Peggy, how they lose contact for some time, and how things changed during a thunderstorm. I am glad you enjoyed reading the book. Nice review.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

So far I only read one romance book, and I like it. I wanna add more romance books to my bookshelves, and I'm looking to pick up this book because it sounds interesting. Thanks for this wonderful review!
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

I like to believe that soulmates exist in this world. I think it is such a nice thought that there is someone out there who is absolutely perfect for you, and you them. It sounds like Peggy and Charlie know what that feels like. This looks like a really great read!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”