Review of Sold Out With A Kiss, by Patrick Pierre

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Julie Gebrosky
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-gebrosky.html
Latest Review: Archer the Therapy Dog by Katie Baron

Review of Sold Out With A Kiss, by Patrick Pierre

Post by Julie Gebrosky »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sold Out With A Kiss, by Patrick Pierre" by Patrick Pierre.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Life seemed perfect for Ester and Yves. They were madly in love, owned the home of their dreams, had great jobs, and had plenty of money saved up. However, nothing stays perfect forever. When family difficulties threatened to ruin their perfect life, they both had to dig deep to get through their difficulties. They relied on their faith in God and each other to overcome a multitude of challenges. Sold Out With A Kiss by Patrick Pierre is the multigenerational story of a Christian family. Some family members remained faithful to their religion. Other family members made choices that went against the family’s beliefs. These choices caused complications and tensions for almost every family member. The story begins by following the lives of Ester and Yves, but it later switches to following the life of their daughter. It also highlights some unique situations that Yves’s brother faces and Ester’s sister’s selfish decisions.

There were positive aspects of this book. It read like a tale of warning for those who lust, deceive, or make other immoral choices. I also liked how many parts of the story were tied into a Bible verse. Finally, I enjoyed that the story was written about multiple family members and their lives. It was a web of intertwined lives that all affected each other.

Unfortunately, there were negatives to this book. The story seemed unrealistic in many different parts. For example, a 6-year-old child wanders off and just starts living with another family. It is never explained how the new family came into contact with her or if she ever went to school. It was glossed over as if that was a common situation. Many other scenes were so unrealistic that they made me roll my eyes. Parts of the story that should have been good plot twists were so heavily foreshadowed that it was obvious they were coming. There was unrealistic dialogue as well. This made it difficult for me to get into the story because it just didn’t feel believable.

I would rate this book 3 out of 5 stars. The poor editing made me deduct one star. The unrealistic scenes and dialogue made me deduct another star. I wanted to like the story because it has good potential, but it needs to be modified before I can recommend it. It was not all terrible because it did have the positive aspects previously mentioned.

This book is suitable for Christians looking for a unique read about what could lead them to give in to temptation. It could work well as a book for a church Bible study. The Bible verses and how they relate to each part of the story are great starting points for discussion. The book is also good for newlywed couples as a guide for how they should treat each other. Check out Sold Out With A Kiss by Patrick Pierre to find out more about Ester, Yves, and their family.

Sold Out With A Kiss, by Patrick Pierre
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

A Christian family story that talks about how Ester and Yves enjoyed a perfect life together but later experience a threat that ruins their perfect life. I like how the author makes use of Bible references. I'm glad you enjoyed reading this book. Nice review.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I agree. Not all family members unite always in terms of religion. Some stand their beliefs against some teachings of the church and some stay what is the teachings of the church. This book is relatable to many. Thanks for your detailed and honest review!
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Alex Reeves »

Wow, I was looking for romance, and I found a Christian one. Seems like a good read, one that would be enjoyed at this time of the year, since it has a religious touch. Great review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”