Review of So Into Her

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Review of So Into Her

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "So Into Her" by D. L. Yoder.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Technology can be useful but at the same time dangerous, hence the reason why it should never fall into the wrong hands. D. L. Yoder, in his book, So Into Her, opens the eyes of the reader to the extent to which a man can go to obtain technology as a result of the power it can give. The book is steeped in the themes of lies, betrayal, and love.

Marty's world changes overnight after he alters a project named the HATT after his promotion to become the team leader of the project. The High Amplitude Transdermal Transmitter (HATT) is a mechanism that uses the brain waves of its user to operate other devices. His decision does not only change his life but that of others, including Yakiesha, the lover of the person who occupied the position he currently holds. All Yakiesha wanted to do was warn Marty of an impending danger to his life, but she ended up being stuck to him, giving her no room to make a choice. Read this book to discover what happens when greed overshadows a man's conception of humanity.

This 387-page book comprises 35 chapters, each with a topic of its own. The structure of the book is highly organized. D. L. Yoder writes in a tone that is daring and engaging. The reader is made to feel the emotions of the characters at every turn of the page. The author develops an intriguing plot by ingraining lifelong lessons into it. I also admire the author's simplistic writing style. He was able to simplify the complex terms related to science in such a way that every reader would get the picture being painted. The characters are well-developed, and each character is relevant to the story's progress.

I liked several parts of the book, one of which is the author's use of italics to distinguish the mind conversations of Marty and Yakiesha. This helped me efficiently determine when they had conversations publicly and when they used their minds to communicate. My favorite character is Ellen, Dr. Ernest's wife. Although she is not a major character, she plays a significant role in the development of the plot. With her help, Yakiesha can come to terms with the dilemma between her and Marty and is willing to work it out. I particularly loved the part where Marty had to sing a rhyme to hide a secret from Yakiesha. It was amusing to picture how Yakiesha felt whenever he started singing the rhyme.

Although I enjoyed reading every bit of the book, I wouldn't say I liked the way more information was not given about Marty's team members after their involvement in altering the HATT. Also, the book needed to be adequately edited, as I encountered several grammatical errors, hence my reason for rating it 4 out of 5 stars.

In conclusion, I recommend this book to lovers of technology. The reader's eyes will be open to the significance of communication in a relationship.

So Into Her
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

A Romance book with the theme of love, betrayal, and lies that talks about how Marty's world change after he alters a project called HATT following his promotion of becoming the team leader of the project. The book characters are well-develop and the author's writing style is simple. Thanks for the honest review.
Chika Eleanor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chika-eleanor.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Chika Eleanor »

Wow hearing about a device that uses the brain waves of the user to operate other device. To my own understanding I think this will be quite dangerous.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

I really enjoy romance novels that contain more topics than just romance, such as betrayal and lies as you mentioned. I would definitely love to give this book a try to see what happens between Marty and Yakiesha.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”