Review of Hosea: The prophet who married a prostitute.

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Review of Hosea: The prophet who married a prostitute.

Post by Judy O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Hosea: The prophet who married a prostitute." by Joseph descans.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

God is love, which Christianity teaches us through its teachings and parables. In Hosea: The prophet who married a prostitute by Joseph Descans, the author uses a fictional romance story to paint a picture of the relationship between God and his children. Hosea, a prophet and man of faith, got a vision to marry Candace, a prostitute, and have children with her. On the other hand, Candace, a prostitute at the time, just wanted to escape her living conditions and quickly grabbed Hosea's offer.

They got married, and she and Hosea settled in his home. Through the teachings of Hosea and Juanita, she became a better person and embraced Jesus and Christianity. She'd also go on to give birth to children for Hosea. However, with every happy story come trials and temptations. Over time, we would see her lapses in judgment, how Hosea would try to correct them, and the repercussions of her actions. Hosea: The prophet who married a prostitute is a must-read for people aiming to understand how God's love encompasses and is always there for us.

This book was a beautiful one; most of all, I loved the message it passed across. The author used this beautiful story to relay essential lessons on obedience, tolerance, acceptance, forgiveness, and, most significantly, love. In compliance, we see Hosea obeying God's instructions even when they don't seem favorable to him. We could also see his acceptance and willingness to help everyone he came across. The author represented the lessons this book contained quite well. Readers would also witness how God's love and grace were patient and gentle with Candace, allowing her to learn from her mistakes but not totally writing her off.

This book had 29 chapters, which were adequately represented, and the story flowed at a fantastic pace, doing its best to ensure the audience followed. It was written in the third-person perspective, focusing on either Hosea or Candace at the start of each chapter. This book indeed met and surpassed my expectations. I must also commend the author for the editing carried out on this book. I only encountered two minor errors while reading.

Hosea: The prophet who married a prostitute receives 5 out of 5 stars from me for its beautiful presentation and exciting lessons. I recommend this book to audiences interested in romance, life experiences, and books that teach love and tolerance. Christians can also pick up this book as it touches on the Christian religion.

Hosea: The prophet who married a prostitute.
View: on Bookshelves
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Wow the title of the book is thought provoking. The story of Hosea is not as popular as Samuel and other prophets in the bible but it definitely has valuable lessons and I'd love to see how the author incorporated that in the book
Favour Ozone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-ozone.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Favour Ozone »

This book will be very suitable for Christians. I like the fact that the book contained lots of valuable lessons for people to emulate. Thank you for your hones review.
Thompson Grace
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thompson-grace.html
Latest Review: Give insomnia the finger by Dr Feel Good

Post by Thompson Grace »

I don't think I can pass this book the title is already mind-blowing. And a lot of thoughts are going through my head in trying to decipher the twist behind the title. I already beginning to love this book using how your review started as a perfect scenario.
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Chris Azuka »

The author aims to send across a message through the wonderful storyline. I wonder why the author chose to use "Hosea" though. Thanks for your precise review.
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Chris Azuka »

The author aims to send across a message through this wonderful storyline. I wonder why the author chose to use "Hosea" though. Thanks for your precise review.
Chukwuemeka Ezema
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuemeka-ezema.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Chukwuemeka Ezema »

I haven't really heard about the prophet Hosea and I would like to learn more. This is truly a beautiful love story which will contains great lessons. Thanks for the review.
Grace Lee Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

What pastor would marry a prostitute? The title alone would make one quickly grab a copy of the book to read. Also I like the themes of love, forgiveness and perseverance in the book. I bet there would be a plethora of lessons to be learned from the pastors life.
New Nikky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-new-nikky.html

Post by New Nikky »

This is a very amazing review. I’ve always liked and looked forward to your reviews and this is not an exception. I enjoyed how you write I sequential order and how understanding the review is. I’m definitely reading this book soon. Congrats on your published review.
Glory_C
Currently Reading: Keysha's Drama
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-c.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Glory_C »

I love the story of Hosea in the Bible, and I'm equally surprised the author chose to use the same name for his protagonist. God's ways are not the ways of man, as he works mysteriously.
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

This is a fascinating story that shows that even in our filtyness God still loves us. The book title and the cover makes it attractive and captivating. Nice review
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

It's awesome that from this book, we can pick lessons on obedience, tolerance, acceptance, forgiveness, and, love. I consider Hosea: The prophet who married a prostitute by Joseph Descans as a must read for me. I will be adding it to my bookshelf.
New Nikky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-new-nikky.html

Post by New Nikky »

This is indeed an amazing story backed up by an interesting review. I think I will just add this book to my self and read as soon as I’m done with the present one.
Silvia Idahosa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-idahosa.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Silvia Idahosa »

The title of this book is an interesting one indeed. It prompts a sense of curiosity about what the story is about. I like that each chapter was adequately represented and that the book comes with lessons. Great review.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

I'm always in to read a book with biblical background, the story of Hosea is a truly amazing one, like a prophet marrying a prostitute? I would like to read this book. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”