Review of Scars Too Beautiful

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Review of Scars Too Beautiful

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Scars Too Beautiful" by Birdie D'Avo.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

If someone shot you multiple times and left you for dead, could you forgive them and become friends? If a family member committed this crime, could you ever face the victim? Do you think someone should be judged by one wrong decision they make? Before answering these questions, read Scars Too Beautiful: An Enemies-To-Lovers Romance by Birdie D'Avo because these are questions that Ariel and Milo have to answer. Milo's teenage brother, Max, accidentally shoots Ariel in the face and abdomen after he panics while robbing a gas station. Milo cringes every time he sees Ariel, not because one side of her face is a hideous scar but because of the shame he feels after his brother destroys her beautiful life. Attempting to understand why the shooting happened, Ariel goes to the prison to see the remorseful Max, who surprisingly agrees to see her. Why does she forgive Max? Can Milo overcome the shame he feels for his brother? Is there anything Max can do to redeem himself?

I am impressed with Birdie D'Avo's character and demographic development in this novel. With her descriptive writing style, I could easily visualize the characteristics of the wealthy characters versus those living in poverty who did whatever was necessary to survive. The demographics were easy to imagine, whether it was a BMW, a junky car, a mansion, or a rundown apartment. I empathized with Ariel's embarrassment over her scarred face. I could understand why she always pulled her hoodie over her face to keep people from staring and asking questions. The artistic work in the Rosette Art Gallery was vividly beautiful with the author's descriptions. I appreciated Ariel's desire to help those less fortunate than herself. The author did an excellent job of demonstrating the differences between individuals who grow up wealthy and attend private schools and those less fortunate. The plot flows smoothly between each of the characters' points of view.

The sex scenes were a little more erotic and numerous than I expected, although the author does warn of this content in the book's description. However, they did not deduct from my enjoyment of reading the book. I did not encounter anything to dislike about this fantastic book about love, friendship, forgiveness, and compassion.

I gladly give this professionally edited book 5 out of 5 stars because there were only a handful of errors that a professional editor could have easily missed. Nothing within this book would justify giving it a lower rating.

This romance novel is appropriate for mature adults who enjoy reading this genre and are interested in prison reform. The descriptive erotic sexual content and non-borderline profanity make this book inappropriate for readers under the age of 18 years.

Scars Too Beautiful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
shaffer1988
Favorite Book: Project Tau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaffer1988.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by shaffer1988 »

Thank you for your review. I was looking for a new romance novel to read and from what you've described, I think this will be a good fit.
Kemzy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Kemzy5 »

To err is human and to forgive is divine. Not everyone in Ariel's shoes would forgive Max. This book is a must-read for me because I am eager to know why Ariel forgave Max. This is a lovely review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”