Review of Cafde Burma

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Review of Cafde Burma

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Cafde Burma" by Larry Webber.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

No relationship is ever perfect. There are always ups and downs. The love becomes stronger every day because of dedication, on both good and bad days. This is the case of Dewi and her father in this book. 

Aung Sien, a single father, and his daughter Dewi's struggles are detailed in Cafde Burma by Larry Webber. Dewi was a young teen who had long since lost her mother. Her father was a stuffy man who was still stuck in the 20th century. He worked for the government of his country as a spy. On occasion, he would listen to the conversations of patrons at the cafe and study any details he believed were important or helpful. He didn't want to leave his properties to his younger brother Thu; therefore, he wished desperately for a son who would take over as the heir. They had a tradition that only men could inherit property. His desire for a boy was so intense that he was prepared to spend all of his savings on transsexual surgery for his daughter. He didn't even think about her opinion. Not until Dewi and her uncle Thu devised a strategy to persuade Aung to change his mind. Did they achieve their plan? Get a copy to find out. 

I was totally absorbed as I read about Aung and his daughter. I could see that a man may go above and beyond when he has great drive. I also liked Khin because she was a strong, educated lady who took morality and decency seriously. Despite their differences, she was a suitable match for Aung. I couldn't take my eyes off the book as I followed Aung's love for Khin. And this could be a good opportunity to persuade him to reconsider Dewi's surgery, allowing her to live a normal life as a young girl. The author went into great detail regarding family values and respect for one another. He emphasized the significance of upholding cultural values despite the rise of moral degeneration. Dewi was willing to sacrifice everything for her dad out of love, even though the transition operation would have been a significant turning point in her life. To please him, she would have done anything.

Dewi was my favorite character in this novel. She didn't need to act rebellious to show her dad that she didn't want to turn into a boy. She was an intellectual and smart girl. I adored how she assisted her father in allowing another lady into his heart to fill the void created by her mother's passing. Despite their differences, she was always willing to help Khin whenever she needed it, and she knew how to behave responsibly. She became more appealing to me because of what she stood for. She wasn't prepared to exchange her dignity for anything at all. 

I have no complaints about this book. There were no errors found, indicating a superb editing job. I could identify with some of the characters' emotions while reading the book because each one was well-developed. I have to commend the author for his originality. I also want to acknowledge the editor for a job well done. Due to its wealth of knowledge, I rate this book five out of five stars. I recommend this book to people of all ages, especially young girls who may have made the wrong friends when they were away from home.

Cafde Burma
View: on Bookshelves
Chinex Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinex-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Chinex Otuokere »

I strongly agree with you No relationship is ever perfect. You are the one that will build your relationship to your taste or to the level you want it to be .
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

Wow, I love this book. Indeed no relationship is perfect. The introduction in this review has captured my mind towards the book. I will love to read the book. Good job.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

The world is truly matriarchal. This is shown in how Aung tried to change the sexuality of his daughter. I hope the plan of Thu and her uncle to change the mind of Aung worked out.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

Wow! This is interesting. I wonder how some people reason like seriously. Changing one’s gender, to me, doesn’t mean anything because they are still biologically the same.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

The book sure falls into the categories of books I enjoy reading. It has a beautiful cover page and an interesting plot suspenseful filled. Ilook forward to reading it.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I wouldn't blame Aung for being desperate in wanting a male child. Although I am not a fan of the book genre I enjoyed reading your review. Well done!!
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

Cafde Burma seems like an interesting read, showing the struggles between a single parent, Aung, and his daughter, Dewi. I will consider reading this book. Nice review.
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

I enjoyed this review, I will like to add this to my TBR. The storyline is interesting and full of humor. I will like to read about Aung and his daughter.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

The plot of this book is interesting, it's different from all other books that I have read. I do not agree with the tradition that only men can inherent properties. And he went too far in the quest for a son by thinking of doing transsexual surgery for his daughter. Your review is amazing.
Fergie Jess Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jess-edeni.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Fergie Jess Edeni »

Yes I agree with the review. Her father went to far trying to change her gender in quest of having an heir. This is intriguing and interesting. Good job.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

I agree with you, no relationship is perfect. I love how the reviewer explains the concepts in the book. I will like to read this book. Good job.
Main Readar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-main-readar.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Main Readar »

Wow! What a great plot. Aung's saga finding male child seems worthy of reading and learning from it. Thanks for the review.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

Overall, your review was engaging and informative. I appreciate the time and effort you put into writing it, and it has definitely piqued my interest in reading the book. Thank you for sharing your thoughts
Nletachi Otuokere
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nletachi-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Nobody To Me That The Road Would Be Easy by Floyd Thompkins

Post by Nletachi Otuokere »

Wow, I love how you present Your personal rating of the book and recommendation to others is a strong endorsement. It's clear that you found the book to be valuable and relatable, which will likely resonate with other readers.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”