Review of The Cackling of the Crows

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Thabiso Twala
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thabiso-twala.html
Latest Review: Living in Color by Mike Murphy
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: Review of The Cackling of the Crows

Post by Thabiso Twala »

'The Cackling Of The Crows' by Neal Sellers is a book based on romance. The author takes us through his romantic life while explaining what the crows mean as well. Gregory Que is going sharing is love life and the experience he had with women.

I love the author's writing style as displays creativity. It feels like he wanted to connect with us on a personal. Ensuring that you pay attention to detail as the book changes from one story to another and you need to be focused enough to understand who Que is talking to at the time. The author adds flavor to the book by applying jokes every now and then to grab our attention, and it also brings some life on the book.

I believe with our different ways of life, whether you are a religious person or believe in something else. We all have something that symbolises the good and the bad that occur in our lives and like that the author used the crows. Everytime he saw crows, he would wonder what they really meant, or if they were trying to tell him something. He would always ask himself what is the message behind the 'cackling'. But as the story goes on the, the explanation presents itself. With Que's past, present and future layed out you get to understand the 'Cackling' of the Crows' presence in the book.

If I were to rate the book I'd have to give it a 5 out of 5. Even though there was a bit of confusion here and there whilst I was going through it since the stories of the women in the book alternate. But the book is very interesting, it just needs a detail oriented person as it is a really nice book to read.

Thank you Neal Sellers for Book Of The Day.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Beating Death: Doorways to The Universe by Sean O’Banion

Post by Veronica Hunter »

Gregory Que's exploration of Que's relationships with the women in his life, alongside the recurring presence of crows, is masterfully done. It's a testament to Que's storytelling prowess and his ability to craft engaging and meaningful narratives. Thanks for the great review.
Timothy Rucinski
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: Pale Fire
Bookshelf Size: 613
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: No One Will Hear You Scream by EJ Goldberg Phillips
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

I'm not fond of romance novels, although this one appears to be quirky enough to strike my fancy. Congrats to the author on BOTD.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 656
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 62%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @sanjeev maurya, I just read your comments on the official review of "The Cackling of the Crows" and I found this book humorous and somewhat sad since Que's love life has been very disappointing. The fact that the Crows would show up and Cackle either as their way of communicating with Que or just to harass him. @Mrlefty0706

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”