Review of The Cackling of the Crows

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sheen Jenny
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: Review of The Cackling of the Crows

Post by Sheen Jenny »

I appreciate how the author seamlessly integrates educational elements into the audiobook, offering insights into topics like psychology, psychiatry, and even the collective nouns for animals like crows. It's a clever way to inform readers while keeping them entertained
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Atieno Magero »

The Cackling of the Crows seems like a unique romance novel. Que seems like a quirky and interesting character. I'm curious about the significance of crows in his life. This book has a great storyline. Congrats on making botd!
Sky Revews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sky-revews.html
Latest Review: Sojourner To Stoner by Gordon Schwerzmann

Post by Sky Revews »

Through "The Cackling of Crows," Wickham brings together these elements of nostalgia, suspense, and romance in a new and refreshing way. The luminosity of the narrator and hip-hop music critiques by the author are dazzling. Congrats on #BOTD!
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Anu Anand »

The Cackling of the Crows by Neal Sellers explores themes of love and mystery, with the intriguing presence of crows adding an element of curiosity. Looking forward to uncovering the secrets within this book. Congrats on BOTD!
Amy_Jackson
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-jackson.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Amy_Jackson »

A murder of crows? Wow, I didnt know that. I also had difficulty differentiating between psychology and psychiatry. It's good to see a book that helps explain the difference.
Thank you for the review.
Rupali Mishra
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupali-mishra.html
Latest Review: Out of the Uniform, Back into Civilian Life: No Nonsense Veterans Benefits Guid by Jason Pike

Post by Rupali Mishra »

Congrats on BOTD!
With humor and compassion, Sellers' informal narrative skillfully entices you into Que's romantic entanglements and philosophical reflections. Although the nonlinear structure can be confusing at times, it enhances the surreal feeling of entering Que's intriguing mind.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 68%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“The Cackling of the Crows” by Neal Sellers is a romantic suspense novel about Gregory Que who saw crows at a funeral site and wondered if they knew something. The many crows he has seen cackle to communicate even though he did not know who they were communicating with. No eBook version so no sample and my comments are based on the official review and the info on Amazon. The book is focused on the four women he had become involved with romantically overtime and his experiences were serious and funny. The story takes place in Brooklyn in the 80s and 90s and the book has a underlying theme of good vs. evil and everything is seen in black and white, no gray areas.
Ajain12
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajain12.html
Latest Review: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition) by Dr. Colleen Huber

Post by Ajain12 »

"The Cackling of the Crows" by Neal Sellers captivates with its engaging narration by Que, intertwining romance, humor, and education seamlessly. While occasionally tangential, its charm and depth warrant a 5-star rating.
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: Infinity by Catalina DuBois

Post by Dalia Chf »

This sounds like a hilarious read about the author’s personal romantic experience with four different women, I love that the jokes are made in a conversational way, it makes it more intimate. Thanks for sharing that in your review!
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

I'm wondering, if Que is talking about his romantic life and about four important women, what is the role of the crows that appeared almost in every event in his life? Why was he interested in the crows? I don't mind reading this book to find out.
Jeff Kanda
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: Pioneering Nonprofit AI Initiatives: A Guide to Generational Diversity, Ethics, and Collaboration by Ainsley K. Hines
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

The cackling of the crows does not seem to be a romance book until you read it. I really enjoyed reading this book. Thanks for the engaging review!
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

Your comment on "The Cackling of the Crows" by Neal Sellers captures the essence of the book and highlights its strengths. The presence of the crows throughout the protagonist's life adds an intriguing layer of mystery and symbolism. It's interesting how the author weaves humor into the narrative, making it feel like a casual conversation with a friend. The educational aspect of the audiobook, where the narrator imparts knowledge on various subjects, is a commendable feature that enhances the reader's experience.

You mentioned that the book occasionally swayed in different directions, requiring some backtracking to fully grasp the content. While this affected the smoothness of your reading, it's worth noting that the book was exceptionally well edited, with no errors. This attention to detail reflects positively on the author's effort.

Overall, your commendation of "The Cackling of the Crows" as a deserving 5 out of 5 rating showcases your appreciation for the author's skillful storytelling and Que's engaging narration. By recommending the book to romance enthusiasts and fans of hip-hop, you provide valuable insight for potential readers.

Thank you for sharing your thoughtful review of the book. It's reviews like yours that help others discover and enjoy new works of literature.
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Independence Corrupted by Charles Benjamin Schudson

Post by Harty Muli »

I am curious the main character is fascinated by crows and how they occur in any event affecting him. He tries to know what the crows mean in his life. Thanks for the review.
grace ruhara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-ruhara.html
Latest Review: Madam Vice President by Julian Mann

Post by grace ruhara »

This book seems to be fun to read and entertain.
Precious Anavheoba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

This book doesn't look like my cup of tea but let me commend the author for putting out such a work as it isn't easy to write a book. Also I didn't really get a sense of the entire plot from the review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”