Review of My words were all I had

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Review of My words were all I had

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My words were all I had" by William Sanchez.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Sebastian is a man who is attempting to repair the damage he has caused in the past. He and his friend, Mike, work together. They run a remodeling company. Mike is more of a playboy, while Sebastian, as we mentioned, is trying to get his life together and is thinking of a woman's value. He's grown to think a woman should be cherished and appreciated, not just be haunted. Sebastian meets a woman who he falls deeply for, but life brings them some trouble. Valerie had her own bargain of family drama when her mother left them for another man, and Sebastian cheated on his girlfriend that he loved. Both of them desired to learn from his past in order to create a better future. You need to read My words were all I had by William Sanchez to see how this would work out.

I adored the relationship between Valerie and her father. He always listened and could give her the right advice, and she could tell him everything. I appreciate the writer's constant attempts to show respect for women and how they should be treated. I also liked how some human complications were shown through the behaviors of some characters. Sebastian and Valerie both had a past that affected the way they behaved. At first, you see someone doing something and think they're overreacting. Then, it all becomes clear when you understand the background.

Unfortunately, I didn't really like Sebastian's character. He was too much for me. I couldn't decide whether the writer intended to make him sound like that, or if it was just me who didn't like him. I felt like he was lecturing all the time. I see the good intentions, but I don't like how they were implied. I liked the messages presented: that a man should think about the relationships he enters into and not objectify women. I also liked that Sebastian refused to have anything to do with a married woman. That happens quite frequently in movies and books. So, resenting bad behaviors seems like the right thing to do.

I don't have anything strong to say about this book. I don't hate it, but I don't love it as well. The plot wasn't that strong, either. Therefore, I rate it three out of five stars.

I can recommend this book to people who love romance. It's simple, though, and short, so don't get your expectations up.

My words were all I had
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Charles Ashinze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-ashinze.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Charles Ashinze »

I like the themes and lessons this book presents. Mistakes are a byproduct of living. We cannot let our lives to be limited by our mistakes. We can learn to move on. I like that Sebastian didn't wallow in his past mistakes. We live, learn and do better.
Favour Ugwu Chidinma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favyugwu.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Favour Ugwu Chidinma »

What will really be the fate of sebastian and Valerie. I hope they get to learn from their pasts and live a better future.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”