Review of Speak No Secrets

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Review of Speak No Secrets

Post by Laney K »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Speak No Secrets" by E.R. Whyte.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Speak No Secrets by E. R. Whyte is a romantic suspense novel. The book focuses on the character of Shiloh, who is desperately trying to keep her life in order. Her little brother is in a long-term care facility to recover from a devastating car accident, both her parents are dead, she has a stalker, and she is working as a teacher by day and a stripper by night to make enough money to survive. Shiloh's life is a balancing act, and one wrong step could bring everything falling down around her. To complicate the situation, one of Shiloh's students, who is only a few years younger than her and was one of her brother's friends, has a major crush on her and is determined to be with her.

The plot of this book takes the reader all over the map. It depicts a woman who will do anything to care for her younger brother, it has the suspense of a stalker, and it has a forbidden romance. All of the elements are tied up with a bow of excellent writing and characters. My favorite part was the character of Shiloh. She had such strength and grew throughout the book.

There was little I could find to critique about this book. My only minor issue was with the ending. It ended with a cliffhanger, and it felt like it was a measure to shorten the book. It felt as though the author could have concluded the storyline and made the book a bit longer or cut some parts if the length was the issue. This is a minor complaint, and it probably just stems from my own frustration of not having a satisfying ending. This was my least favorite part of the book.

Overall, I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I would have given it 4.5 stars if half points were allowed. However, I feel as though the ending, or lack thereof, is enough of a reason to take away a star. I did thoroughly enjoy this book otherwise. I also did not notice a significant number of errors; I believe the book was professionally edited.

Fans of romance will enjoy this book. There is strong language and sexual content, so it is only suitable for adult audiences. If you are looking for a book that combines romance and suspense, I highly suggest you check this one out.

Speak No Secrets
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 341
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: Where's Baby, Momma? by Antoinette McDonald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

This caught my eye, " it has the suspense of a stalker, and it has a forbidden romance." I am not sure if knowing that the ending is not satisfying ahead of time is a deal breaker or not.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”