Review of Dante's Demons

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Review of Dante's Demons

Post by Laney K »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dante's Demons" by K.L. Barstow.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dante's Demons by K. L. Barstow is a story of romance and vengeance. When a half-dead woman is found near the entrance to a motorcycle club, the members swear to find out who brutalized her and give him a fitting punishment. The president of the club, Dante, finds out the victim's sister, Tally, is a doctor and has her brought to the club to care for her sister. Tally and Dante meet, and sparks fly as they can't keep their eyes off each other. Dante finds a new obsession in Tally, and she can't help but feel attracted to Dante. Tally, who was brought in against her will, is reasonably upset with Dante, but that isn't enough to stop the attraction they feel as their relationship develops alongside the search for the rapist.

This book was enticing from start to finish. I found myself fascinated in seeing the characters follow leads to try and find the man who attacked Tally's sister and several other women. The members of the club worked diligently to uncover the serial rapist and bring about their own brand of justice. My favorite part was seeing how each member used their specific skill set to do their part to find the rapist. They also embraced Tally and her sister, showing their loyalty to anyone considered to be family, even if they had only known them for a few days.

The pacing of the book followed the urgency of the plot. There were no points where I felt like there wasn't something happening that advanced either the case or Tally and Dante's developing relationship. I can think of nothing that I didn't like about it. I also only spotted a few errors throughout the book, so I believe it was professionally edited.

I am happy to rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. Barstow created a sense of tension and urgency from the first page the continued to the last. It's not a particularly long book either, so it's perfect for a rainy afternoon or day at the beach.

There is strong language and erotic scenes; it is only suitable for adult readers. It should not be read by those who dislike sexual content, as there are several erotic scenes in the book. There are also instances of rape and sexual harassment, which might be triggering for some readers. However, readers that enjoy vigilante justice and romance should highly consider reading this book.

Dante's Demons
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

I’m already feeling the heat and energy of this book😁. Thanks for the comprehensive review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Romances and Especially erotic scene are not my cu of tea, so I don’t think this is for me. I do, however, like that the members of the motorcycle club become so attached so quickly.
Brian Ruguru
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicroy.html
Latest Review: Sunshine Snow Snowbird by Kenneth Bainey

Post by Brian Ruguru »

Such an enticing plot! I hope the culprit was brought to justice. The review is impeccable!
Gregory Hayles
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Gregory Hayles »

yeah it's a great book very interested
Gregory Hayles

Post by Gregory Hayles »

yeah it's a great book very interested
Lorraine Wasao
Currently Reading:

Post by Lorraine Wasao »

I like how Dante is brought out as a dominant character and Tally is the damsel in distress and just like that she has a protective guy at her side not to forget the romance is epic ,I enjoy and really do like the book Kudos to Barstow
Chinazo Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

That cover though! Lol! I'll definitely check this book out. I'm a sucker for romance and a good mystery.
Katrina Roe
Currently Reading: Scar's Secret (Demon Dawgs MC San Diego #3)
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katrina-roe.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Katrina Roe »

Demon Dawgs Pres has a special place in my heart! The heat between Dante and Tally is intense. I'm on book 3 now and cannot put it down. There is something about these bikers that keeps you hooked into their world.
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Post by Emily Meadows »

Nazzo wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 23:45 That cover though! Lol! I'll definitely check this book out. I'm a sucker for romance and a good mystery.
This was exactly my thought! I looked at that cover and went, mmmmmm-okay, I'll read it. Haha!

Great review and this looks like a book I want to check out...
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Donna Walker »

The cover of the book got me! wow!  :lol:  What a great review. I don't think this book is my cup of tea, though, due to the violence and rape scenes that you mentioned. I tend to like my romance novels more "fluffy."
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Post by Laney K »

Donna Walker 1 wrote: 28 Feb 2023, 20:46 The cover of the book got me! wow!  :lol:  What a great review. I don't think this book is my cup of tea, though, due to the violence and rape scenes that you mentioned. I tend to like my romance novels more "fluffy."
Yeah it's definitely not a fluffy romance, but thank you for reading my review!
Desola Orimoloye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dessyyyy.html
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer

Post by Desola Orimoloye »

The book cover caught my attention almost immediately. One word to describe it: steamy! I’ll definitely be checking it out. Thank you for sharing such a great review.
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer
Peter Nene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-nene.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Peter Nene »

I was absolutely blown away by the depth and complexity of the characters in this book review. The author has created a dark and twisted world that is both fascinating and terrifying, and the story seems to be full of unexpected surprises that will leave one reeling.
ErandikaHerath
Currently Reading: Time for Justice
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-herath-erandika.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by ErandikaHerath »

I must admit that the cover of the book drew my attention immediately. But I'm not into the stories of sexual abuses. Your review is very impressive and interesting.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”