Review of Dante's Demons

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
odze
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Re: Review of Dante's Demons

Post by odze »

Somehow even if it doesn’t sound so romantic story as I would love that it would be, but it really made me really curious to know what will happen next.. There is so many questions. Will have to read it now.. 😀
Leona Rodrigues
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leona-rodrigues.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Leona Rodrigues »

Romance with thrills—this is my kind of book. It has a combination of two of my favourite gernes. I appreciate your great review, which provides a thorough analysis of the book.
fire_heart
Currently Reading: Beyond the Story
Bookshelf Size: 80

Post by fire_heart »

A motorcycle club,a hot ML and a strong FML .Definitley piques my interest.Have to check it out.Your review summarises the plot without spoiling the book.
Carolina Katerina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carolina-katerina.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Carolina Katerina »

Thank you for this detailed and interesting review! I felt the emotion and the dynamic of the story. I like that in the review notes for whom this book would be suitable.
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Anu Anand »

I've been looking for a good romance novel, and this one seems truly captivating. The motorcycle club members' dedication to seeking justice and their unwavering loyalty adds depth to the story. I'm definitely getting myself a copy. Thank you for sharing this wonderful review.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 86188
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1376%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

When the victim was her sister he was torn between the oath as adr and his desire to see the attacker punished
Melissa Licon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Melissa Licon »

Romance is not my typical go to genre, but this review actually has me excited to start the series. It seems that the book has enough plot and intrigue to keep my interest, and a little spiciness on the side might be a fun diversion from the mystery component.
VickyLenya
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by VickyLenya »

The book is so interesting and keeps the flow from begining as you read on,your review has a good perspective and to the point.Dante and Tally too kept the flow as their heat is felt so intensely.
Kanishka Banga
Favorite Book: Crazy Time
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanishka-banga.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Kanishka Banga »

"Dante's Demons" promises a captivating blend of action both inside and outside the bedroom, and it explores the moral complexities of love, loyalty, and justice within the backdrop of the MC world. If you're a fan of steamy romance with a dose of suspense and intrigue, this book may just be your next guilty pleasure.
Annija Marta Meldere
Currently Reading: The Bulletproof Missionary
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annija-marta-meldere.html
Latest Review: Eternity by Carlos

Post by Annija Marta Meldere »

Laney K wrote: 30 Jan 2023, 07:27 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dante's Demons" by K.L. Barstow.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dante's Demons by K. L. Barstow is a story of romance and vengeance. When a half-dead woman is found near the entrance to a motorcycle club, the members swear to find out who brutalized her and give him a fitting punishment. The president of the club, Dante, finds out the victim's sister, Tally, is a doctor and has her brought to the club to care for her sister. Tally and Dante meet, and sparks fly as they can't keep their eyes off each other. Dante finds a new obsession in Tally, and she can't help but feel attracted to Dante. Tally, who was brought in against her will, is reasonably upset with Dante, but that isn't enough to stop the attraction they feel as their relationship develops alongside the search for the rapist.

This book was enticing from start to finish. I found myself fascinated in seeing the characters follow leads to try and find the man who attacked Tally's sister and several other women. The members of the club worked diligently to uncover the serial rapist and bring about their own brand of justice. My favorite part was seeing how each member used their specific skill set to do their part to find the rapist. They also embraced Tally and her sister, showing their loyalty to anyone considered to be family, even if they had only known them for a few days.

The pacing of the book followed the urgency of the plot. There were no points where I felt like there wasn't something happening that advanced either the case or Tally and Dante's developing relationship. I can think of nothing that I didn't like about it. I also only spotted a few errors throughout the book, so I believe it was professionally edited.

I am happy to rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. Barstow created a sense of tension and urgency from the first page the continued to the last. It's not a particularly long book either, so it's perfect for a rainy afternoon or day at the beach.

There is strong language and erotic scenes; it is only suitable for adult readers. It should not be read by those who dislike sexual content, as there are several erotic scenes in the book. There are also instances of rape and sexual harassment, which might be triggering for some readers. However, readers that enjoy vigilante justice and romance should highly consider reading this book.

Dante's Demons
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
It's good that you warned us about the adult content.
Latest Review: Eternity by Carlos
Seetha E
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Reverend Psychopath by Dr Andrew Rynne

Post by Seetha E »

I appreciate your in-depth analysis. The cover seems out of place with the story. I'll have to pass on this one because of the rape scenes and erotic content. Congratulations on BOTD!
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 510
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

This looks like a great romance novel for those who enjoy crime and romance novels in one. There also appear to be many subplots based on the other characters' wanting for justice. Thanks for the review!
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 246
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: Your Father Has Something to Tell You by Dave Riese

Post by Hy Be »

Amazing review. I am amazed by the plot which intrigued me to add this book in my shelf.
Shubham [Kumar]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shubham-kumar.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Shubham [Kumar] »

There is a lot of action and suspense, with dual POVs. Lots of potential for spin-off series, which I absolutely adore. Although these are not major issues overall, I recommend a few edits to correct the timeline and consistency in a couple of places.
arpi0
Favorite Book: Artwords
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by arpi0 »

It is a romance novel with elements of erotica, erotic romance, and thriller. The book follows the story of Dante, the president of the Demon Dawgs motorcycle club, and Tally, a trauma doctor who is kidnapped by the club to care for a woman who turns out to be her sister. The book has a lot of action, suspense, and steamy scenes as Dante and Tally navigate their attraction and their conflicting loyalties.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”