Review of Old Enough, Yet Unmarried

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Review of Old Enough, Yet Unmarried

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Old Enough, Yet Unmarried" by Dr. O.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dr. Tessy had thought for sure that by thirty-five, she’d be in love and married to a handsome man, but life hasn’t worked out that way. Despite the absence of a ring on her finger, she has her four best friends to keep her busy—and keep her busy, they do! Charly has just been blindsided by her boyfriend, who left her to marry someone else. Oby’s partner canceled the engagement and asked for the ring back. Yemi’s partner is a lying philanderer, and Tessy learns an ugly truth about Jumai’s “perfect” husband. Not only does she support her friends, but she also counsels them about their medical conditions—she is truly the glue that holds the group together.

Tessy isn’t immune to dating drama either; an angry woman in the grocery store corners her, demanding that Tessy stay away from her husband. So where are all the good men? Will Tessy and her friends ever be able to secure their happily ever after? Read the book to find out!

Old Enough, Yet Unmarried by Dr. O is a light-hearted romantic story about five Nigerian friends overcoming romantic and health-related obstacles. The book is told from the first-person perspective, following Tessy as she puts proverbial fires out for her friends while trying to meet Mr. Right. The women are an entertaining bunch, and readers will instantly feel like they are part of the group.

The thing I loved most about the story was how fast-paced it was. The author didn’t waste time with mundane details or a slow-moving plot; there seemed to be one dilemma after the other, which made devouring the pages an easy feat. For example, I’d just learned about Yemi’s philandering boyfriend when another character was dealing with a health condition that needed attention. Tessy’s proclivity for quickly tending to all her friends’ crises was admirable. Still, I wondered how she’d ever have time to find a romantic suitor when she was constantly making everyone else’s happiness a priority.

Another thing I enjoyed was the medical lessons sprinkled within the text. The author did an excellent job of educating readers without taking away from the story, and I gleaned some interesting facts about specific medical conditions, such as the different types of epileptic seizures and how untreated diabetes can wreak havoc on organs, particularly reproductive ones.

Old Enough, Yet Unmarried was exceptionally edited—I found no spelling or grammatical errors, and there was nothing to dislike about the charming story. I have chosen to give the book a rating of five out of five stars because the characters, dealing with an array of romantic issues, were relatable, and the writing addressed common health concerns.

I recommend the book to romance enthusiasts who enjoy books about the power of friendship and overcoming obstacles.

Old Enough, Yet Unmarried
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nguu Kinze
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nguu Kinze »

Old enough,yet unmarried was very well edited.i have found no spelling or grammatical errors.i like the whole story and I give it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.i recommend the book to all romance enthusiasts
Sandra V Chilimtsidya
Favorite Book: Fifty Shades of Grey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-v-chilimtsidya.html
Latest Review: Past Imperfect by G D Harrison
2024 Reading Goal: 11
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Sandra V Chilimtsidya »

This review is the right amount of fire i needed to give this book Old enough, yet unmarried a chance. I'm looking forward to having this book in my bookshelf soon. Thank you for the bright review!! :D
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

At age thirty-five, it's common for friends to ask why you are still unmarried, which is, for me, unnecessary because that thing is not a race. I smiled at your review. I like the story of the book. Especially you mentioned that they are Nigerian friends, I never read yet books that use that description, which interests me. I hope that Tessy finds her Mr. Right at the perfect time.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”