Review of Move Me

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Review of Move Me

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Move Me" by Vanessa Somerton.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

When things seem too good to be true, they usually are. At least, that’s what Brooke discovered after falling in love with wealthy and charming Chad. But, unfortunately, his romantic gestures were soon replaced by his thirst for alcohol and projecting his anger onto Brooke. After years of succumbing to Chad’s ruthless beatings, Brooke knew it was time to plan her escape or risk losing her life.

Brooke never expected to fall for anyone else, especially after her safety had been compromised and her trust was broken in a relationship with an abuser. Enter Rhett, a soft-spoken gentleman who is keen on protecting Brooke. On a whim, she agrees to ride in his truck as he transports her belongings across the United States to her home in Canada, where she will reunite with her grandfather. Between enjoying the beauty of an ever-changing landscape and forming a bond with this unsuspecting stranger, Brooke begins to feel her heart thaw. But is it too soon to start something new?

Move Me: A Brooke V. Anderson Clean Romance Series by Vanessa Somerton is the first book. The charming novella is packed with emotion and emphasizes the importance of strength and taking a leap of faith through adversity. The story is told from the first-person perspective. It follows Brooke as she seeks refuge from a relentless abuser and unwittingly finds herself in the company of Chad’s opposite—a kind, gentle soul. Conversation, a truck, and the open road: readers ride along with Brooke as she gets further away from her toxic relationship and closer to finding her heart again.

I loved everything about this sweet story, but my favorite was, hands down, the way Brooke and Rhett interacted. The sarcastic but playful banter was exactly what someone in Brooke’s situation needed. After spending years with someone who beat and devalued her, Rhett’s compassion and penchant for getting to know her story was a breath of fresh air. A great example was when he listened intently as she uncovered her history. He didn’t ask probing questions but let her open up at her discretion.

Another thing I enjoyed was the changing scenery. The majestic views in Sioux Falls charmed me, so much so that I could imagine the sounds and the mist tickling my face. Brooke felt the adrenaline rush of riding a motorcycle in Saskatchewan. They visited a quaint antique shop that seemed like it would be brimming with treasure. I was immersed in every location, and the author’s descriptions allowed me to transport myself there easily.

I am happy to report there was nothing to dislike about the book, and it was exceptionally edited. Therefore, I have chosen to give the novella a rating of five out of five stars. The pair shared a palpable youthful excitement for one another, and I was swept away by the lovely locations. I recommend the book to romance lovers who want a wholesome read but aren’t afraid of heavier topics. However, due to some scenes of domestic violence, I would dissuade those easily triggered from picking up this book.

Move Me
View: on Bookshelves
Night Reader 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-night-reader-1.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Night Reader 1 »

Brooke seems like a strong woman. Great review.
Hee Via
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hee-via.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Hee Via »

Wow i really enjoyed the review. Keep up the good work
Baba Thoust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baba-thoust.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Baba Thoust »

What a breathe-taking piece. Your review was exactly what the book needed. I want to know how Brooke survived Chad. How far dithey go with Rhett. I even want to experience the scenes along the journey to Canada. Great review!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”