Review of Ritual

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Review of Ritual

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ritual" by Lena Kelly.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In Ritual by Lena Kelly, Selene's story continued after encountering Lord Ios, the Lord of Chaos. She found out that she was an "Eternal." However, she had to navigate her passion and love for Ios. Merope, her mother, revealed that she was also a sea nymph and one of the Pleiades, the seven Heavenly sisters. But Selene had her suspicions about Nikolas, the man she knew as her father, who was human. Her mother was mortal, and the question that remained was which Eternal fathered her? In addition to her dilemma was an even more dangerous quagmire, Lilith' Adamah,' the Queen of Demons. Ios was determined to discover Lilith's end game and ensure that Selene was protected. But even the Lord of Chaos was not prepared for the hell Lilith was set to unleash.

The author's storytelling was as eclectic as the plot itself. Her tone was calm and assured as she slowly revealed each piece of her exciting puzzle. The language was simple and easy to understand. The plot was a marriage of Greek mythology and biblical tales. The result was electrifying and a pure tease, as I was left teetering on the edge of excitement. The creativity expended on this story was not lost on me. Though there were familiar stories and mythologies, the author's unique additions and intriguing twists stood the book out.

The character names were not tongue twisters, as most of the names in paranormal stories usually were. This was a plus, as readers would easily recall characters' names when retelling the story, which I suspect they would — this was the kind of story readers would be excited to share. My favorite character was Lord Ios. His character was shrouded in exhilarating mystery. My second favorite was the Queen of Demons. Who wouldn't love a villain with an utterly sinister vibe like Lilith?

The worlds the author created were unique, outfitted with their own rules and 'Heavenly' politics. It reminded me of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness blended, with some alterations, with The Originals. In addition to the real danger lurking on every page, the story was replete with star-crossed, forbidden, and unrequited love matches punctuated by steamy interludes. Romance fans would be pleased with Lena's efforts.

Ritual was a bundle of excitement with suspense that was unfortunately not resolved in this second installment, leaving readers with the thrilling torture of anticipating the next one. I loved every part of this book. It was profoundly entertaining, and I couldn't drop it until the end. The story could make a fascinating screen watch, as it had all the intrigue to make a blockbuster.

The book was well-edited, as I only observed a few errors. Therefore, I'd rate it five out of five stars. Ritual would be most appreciated by lovers of romance and fans of fantasy or Greek mythology.

Ritual
View: on Bookshelves
Blessing onyiyechi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-onyiyechi.html
Latest Review: Running into God by Roy M. Oswald

Post by Blessing onyiyechi »

This book is really full of suspense. How would Selena's mum be a mortal and she is eternal, then her dad must be eternal, but who is her dad. I'll live to read and find out. Nice review.
charlito jigera
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by charlito jigera »

This book is really full of suspense. How would Selena's mum be a mortal and she is eternal, then her dad must be eternal, but who is her dad
Stephanie Cameron
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-cameron.html
Latest Review: Grizzly Lake by Robert Woods

Post by Stephanie Cameron »

I love learning about Greek mythology and enjoy reading fantasy novels with romance. The review summary comes across vague to me so it leaves me unsure what the story is about. Is Selene on a journey to identify her father?
Behnaz Haji
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Behnaz Haji »

This book is one of the mythological romance books and I suggest you to read it. It is really beautifully written.
Ann Harun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-harun.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ann Harun »

This novel is packed with plot twists. If Selena's mother is mortal and she is infinite, then her father must also be eternal, but who is her father? I'll live to read and discover. Interesting description.
Mapule Sekutu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Mapule Sekutu »

I can give this book 5out of 5 and i love the secrets and twist. The most part is that is a fantasy of Greek mythology ilove that i so wish it can be a screen watch.
Desola Orimoloye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dessyyyy.html
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer

Post by Desola Orimoloye »

As a huge fan of Greek mythology and fantasy, I'm definitely adding this book to my reading list after reading your review. The mystery surrounding Selene's identity sounds like the key to everything.
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer
Natalia Salvador
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalia-salvador.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Natalia Salvador »

thank you for this I love to hear all about the book I can not wait to read it.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”