Review of If Only Sarah Knew

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Obinna Chima Agoms
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibliophile-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Why Rock The Boat When You Don't Know How To Swim? by Daniel Sebata

Review of If Only Sarah Knew

Post by Obinna Chima Agoms »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "If Only Sarah Knew" by Kat Toriez.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

If Only Sarah Knew is a romantic story by Kat Toriez. It focuses on the life of a young woman named Sarah, who is described as being both lovely and naive. Sarah experiences her fair share of life's challenges. After her father's death (the only family member she had left), she is bewildered and asked to leave their apartment. The poor girl has nowhere else to go to or someone to talk to until she meets the lonely old fisherman she finds fascinating to watch at the beach. She meets the fisherman while sitting on her favorite rock by the ocean. The humble and generous fisherman takes an interest in the skinny young woman as soon as he lays eyes on her. Soon they become very acquainted with each other. She decides to move in with him in his seaside cabin. They share a home as father and daughter. During their time there, they create happy and sorrowful memories with new friends who soon become family. But then, there is more to the story. Sarah finds love again, but it comes with hard decisions to make. You need to read the book to discover Sarah's love interest.

Kat Toriez has proven herself a fantastic writer and a beautiful poet, and she does an excellent job with this one. She bestows her audience with lovely poems while leading them on a heartfelt journey.

I had some chilling moments that gave me goosebumps. One instance was when Sarah received terrible news; I felt her pain. The author delivered the protagonist's role so well as a shy and sweet young lady. Additionally, she demonstrated that love might come into our lives in various ways and guises. She also showed that family transcended blood, as demonstrated in the case of Sarah and the fisherman.

The author certainly knows when to make her readers shed a tear or two as she narrates the tragic pasts of every member of Sarah's circle. They deserve the comfort and kindness they get from each other. If Only Sarah Knew emphasizes that love indeed conquers all. With the right people around to support us in terrible times, we can always find the rainbow at the end of the tunnel.

If Only Sarah Knew was well-edited, easy to read, and straight to the point. I loved how the author did not bother her readers with unnecessary details. She only focused on the main characters, one person at a time. She portrayed a lovely Irish community whose members were content to socialize over cups of tea and spend time supporting one another, which is, in my opinion, a common practice in actuality. The names of the characters were simple and very easy to remember.

However, in contrast to the majority of romance novels that I have read, this one has a small amount of romantic content. Although the author did try to paint a few erotic scenes in the mind of the reader, I'd be honest to say that some readers might be dissatisfied if they're looking for a deeply romantic story. Therefore, I'd rate If Only Sarah Knew four out of five stars. It was professionally edited, and I'd recommend it to lovers of simple romantic stories.

If Only Sarah Knew
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hana Aboobakuru
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hana Aboobakuru »

A good read. This is one of the best story I’ve read in this month. Words are so tough if and I love it.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

If Sarah finds love again, could it be the fisherman? This sounds exciting to read. And I agree that love indeed conquers all and moves in various ways. This romantic masterpiece seems to portray that love is blind as well. I wonder. Thanks for your intriguing review!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Monale Bariyima Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monale-bariyima-ueh.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Monale Bariyima Ueh »

I like that this book featured poems. While it may contain just a little romantic content, it's still able to evoke a lot of emotions in the readers through t the pain and other relationships in Sarah's life.
Kemzy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Kemzy5 »

I am a lover of romance books and this book is a must-read for me. It contains other emotions about the life of the protagonist which will interest some readers. Wonderful review.
Esther Godwin Ogechi
Currently Reading: Adventures with Pop Pop at Grant’s Farm
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-godwin-ogechi.html
Latest Review: Worldmaker of Yand - Eltanin by Andri E. Elia

Post by Esther Godwin Ogechi »

I'll cry if her new found love turns out to be the fisherman.
For I know the thought I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, not of evil, to give you an expected end.Jeremiah 29:11

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”