Review of Fueling Fire

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Review of Fueling Fire

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fueling Fire" by Maree Byrnes.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Being the elven prince and princess of the largest kingdom has its advantages and disadvantages. Most people believe that being part of the royal family makes you snobbish and that you have the perfect life without any troubles. That couldn't be further from the truth, especially for the elven princess of the kingdom of Fardorwen. The prince and princess are twins, and although the females have the highest power, Lilliana gets suppressed by her father around every corner. She has a huge secret that should be protected at all costs, but this gets affected when they get sent to the esteemed Elven Mage Academy.

Lilliana gets attacked and threatened from her first step into the academy. Her plan to blend in and not attract any unwanted attention gets flushed down the toilet at their binding ceremony. During the bonding ceremony, most elves get bonded with one mage, but there were a handful, including Julian, who got bonded with two mages. Juliana was shocked to be bonded to six mages, one from each of the elements, since neither has happened for centuries. Things are about to get interesting and very difficult for Lilliana, and to make things even more complicated, her mages are beyond beautiful, and it is forbidden for anything intimate to happen between a royal elf and a mage.

What an intriguing story! I fell in love with this book from the start. I loved how Lil's character developed during her time at the academy. She grew stronger, more confident, and started to stand up for herself. Through all of the drama, her twin was there for her, and she always had him in her corner. The author's descriptions were excellently done, and I enjoyed learning about the different elements of magic. I loved most of this book, and it was an exciting weekend read for me.

I was a bit disappointed at the errors I found in the book, and it shows me that this book hasn't gone through professional editing yet, but the book was entertaining enough that it didn't take away so much of my reading pleasure. I was also a bit disappointed in the backgrounds given for her six mage characters. There were a few hints given, but nothing beyond that. I would have loved learning more about them and what made them tick, as the hints given showed there was definitely something going on with each of them. There is, however, a second book in this series, which is where I believe I am going to get all of my answers. I have already gotten the second book, and I can't wait to finish it.

Due to the multiple errors found, I can't give this book a perfect score, even though I really want to. I rate Fueling Fire by Maree Byrnes 4 out of 5 stars. I would recommend this book to young adults who enjoy mystical stories, magic, assassinations, and so much more. This book is filled with action, suspense, sexual tension, and royal drama. I absolutely loved every bit of it, and as mentioned above, I can't wait to start on the second book.

Fueling Fire
View: on Bookshelves
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

There is no perfect life, I agree! Liliana with her twin sounds interesting in this story, however, I think I can't handle reading it due to its genre- I am not good at imagining mystical stories. I'm gonna skip this one, but your review is great!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Charelle Mangera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Charelle Mangera »

I found quite a bit of errors which was rather disappointing as I really looked forward to this book. I loved the different elements of magic used and even though it's all mystical it's still a brilliant read.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Post by Laney K »

This sounds like a fun, magical book, but I think I'll wait and see if it goes through more editing before reading it.
Allison Beard Vion
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allison-beard-vion.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Allison Beard Vion »

This review made me want to read this book! It sounds like the perfect book to read on a plane ride or during a long trip. Light, easy, and full of intrigue. Thanks for the great review!
Kemzy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Kemzy5 »

I will love to read this book but that will be after it has gone through proper editing. Thank you for your honest review.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 14 Feb 2023, 20:04 There is no perfect life, I agree! Liliana with her twin sounds interesting in this story, however, I think I can't handle reading it due to its genre- I am not good at imagining mystical stories. I'm gonna skip this one, but your review is great!
Thank you for your feedback! I really appreciate it. It was a really fun book to read with a lot of meat to the story to keep you captivated, and the descriptions made it very easy to imagine everything that was happening.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

Kemzy5 wrote: 16 Feb 2023, 19:23 I will love to read this book but that will be after it has gone through proper editing. Thank you for your honest review.
Thank you for your reply! I really enjoyed this book, and after it goes through proper editing, it will be perfect!
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

Laney K wrote: 16 Feb 2023, 07:29 This sounds like a fun, magical book, but I think I'll wait and see if it goes through more editing before reading it.
Thank you for your reply! I really enjoyed this book, and after it goes through proper editing, it will be perfect!
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Hubre De Klerk wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 02:35
Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 14 Feb 2023, 20:04 There is no perfect life, I agree! Liliana with her twin sounds interesting in this story, however, I think I can't handle reading it due to its genre- I am not good at imagining mystical stories. I'm gonna skip this one, but your review is great!
Thank you for your feedback! I really appreciate it. It was a really fun book to read with a lot of meat to the story to keep you captivated, and the descriptions made it very easy to imagine everything that was happening.
Oh, if that's the case, I might consider reading it in the future. Thank you for this information.😊
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Desola Orimoloye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dessyyyy.html
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer

Post by Desola Orimoloye »

Thank you for your review. I agree with your assessment of the book's versatile plot and exciting elements. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the action, suspense, and royal drama. While there were some errors that prevented you from giving it a perfect score, I'm glad that you still found the book enjoyable overall.
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”