Review of Long Enough to Love you

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Review of Long Enough to Love you

Post by Laney K »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Long Enough to Love you" by Kirsten Pursell.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Long Enough to Love You by Kirsten Pursell is a book about love and having a fulfilling life. The main character, Jenn, is a woman whose children have grown and left, leaving her alone with her husband, Mark. She quickly realizes that her relationship with Mark is less than satisfying. She feels as though there is a hole that he can not fill, and she does not want to live like that anymore. She wants more, and this realization is further solidified when she reads her diary from high school and remembers her first love, Tripp. Jenn reaches out to Tripp and receives a response. Now she must figure out if she wants to try and chase an old love or live in the safety of her life with Mark.

To me, the most impactful part of this book was the ideas around whether a life that is good enough should be left to pursue a truly fulfilling life. Jenn isn't entirely miserable with Mark, but she isn't completely happy either. She feels as though Mark is not capable of loving her the way she needs to be loved. Her best friend encouraged her to pursue happiness, but other people in her life wondered why she would leave a safe relationship to take a chance. I found this dilemma relatable and fascinating. I feel as though many people would be able to relate to the idea of settling because they are scared of the alternative.

I also found the writing of this book to be excellent. I found no errors, and I believe this book was professionally edited. I found myself drawn into the descriptions. Pursell had an excellent command of vocabulary and imagery. She created a vivid world for Jenn to live in, and each character felt as though they were alive and real.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. There was nothing I disliked about this book. I enjoyed Jenn's struggles to fill the void in her life and how each character reacted to that journey. I never felt disengaged from this book while reading it.

I recommend this to adult readers who are looking for a romance featuring a fifty-year-old woman. Potential readers should take note that there is strong language and sexual content in this book. If you are looking for a book about first loves, romance, and finding oneself, then this is an excellent choice.

Long Enough to Love you
View: on Bookshelves
Favour Ugwu Chidinma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favyugwu.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Favour Ugwu Chidinma »

I love reading love books and I think this one would eventually go well for me. Thanks for the honest review.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

If I will give an opinion personally to Jenn, I would say, to have a deep conversation again with Mark; communication is important. I'm not saying I am an expert on this situation but I think staying is the right thing because there's nothing wrong with Mark, why would leave him? The problem is with Jenn, and with her age (51), it was a long marriage already. Why give up? But this is just a personal understanding. Sorry, I am drawn to the story.😊 This is evidence that you write an excellent and effective review!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Desola Orimoloye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dessyyyy.html
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer

Post by Desola Orimoloye »

After reading your insightful review, I'm left feeling curious about the choices that Jenn makes throughout the story. It's fascinating to see how she navigates her feelings towards her husband, Mark, and her first love, Tripp, and I can't help but wonder what decision she ultimately makes. Additionally, I'm intrigued by the potential consequences of her decision on those around her and whether she eventually finds the happiness that she seeks to fill the void in her life.
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer
Zeze999
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Zeze999 »

I think the book addresses a different perspective of how love can be. Jenn really just wants to feel in love again and she feels like going back to where it all started with the feeling of love can rejuvenate the feeling she once had for Mark but with Tripp. The book gives alot of insight to the topic of loving someone else but can't be with them due to your current situation. I give this book a 8/10

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”